What is this?

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DLB
Platinum Member

What is this?

Post by DLB »

Okay, I have two whazzat questions from a 510 ad on ebay. There is some non SS stuff included, and a mix of some older (pre-510) parts. First one, I actually have one of these that came with a M5 I bought. Until now I thought it had nothing to do with the M5:
510B (2).jpg
510B (2).jpg (63.76 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
Second one does not appear to be made by SS, but the mount spacing makes me think it mounts on a Mark. Note tailstock for size reference:
510A (2).jpg
510A (2).jpg (180.39 KiB) Viewed 2185 times
- David
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: What is this?

Post by dusty »

The first item is a part used with an Incra Fence (a long discontinued product). If you have no need for this, let us talk.

I have no idea what the 2nd item is BUT I can't see it very well.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

The second item is a Ring Master attachment for a Mark V. The current retail price is $427.

https://ringmasterlathe.com/product/shop-smith-mark-57/
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

Thanks for both answers. This might be a good find for someone if the price remains low: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-Mark ... Swq39fVUin I'd be interested but local pick up in Healdsburg CA is kind of a deal breaker. It has some interesting add-ons.

Dusty - I'd have to search for it. But you can PM me, I don't use it. I actually thought it was Incra but this unit did not come with any other parts of an Incra fence. It was originally a 510 mod to 520 when I got it. Probably sold the Incra separately, like the OAR part of the router table. Are there any other small parts of this setup? It came with a few other things I didn't recognize.

- David
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

It has been pulled due to an error in the listing. Interesting cross slide vice.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

It is back on ebay. Evidently the error in the listing was the minimum bid. It went from $559, IIRC, to $1700. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-Mark ... Swq39fVUin

- David