My new combo square

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

My new combo square

Post by reible »

Now that I'm doing more in metric units I've wished to have a combo square with, you guessed it metric units. For a lot of jobs these squares don't have to perform like expensive tools but it is nice if they are square and have measurements that are pretty close.

So how much is this going to cost me? No not $100 or $75 or $50 or even $25 or $20 or even $10. What would think if I said I paid just $6.75?

Now I know you are saying "yea right".

With cheap tools it is a turkey shoot as to what you get. And even if one is fine the other 99 might be junk. So how about if I added the fact that I got two of these and they both are decent.
nsq1.jpg
nsq1.jpg (133.81 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
nsq2.jpg
nsq2.jpg (176.86 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
nsq3.jpg
nsq3.jpg (116.01 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
nsq4.jpg
nsq4.jpg (198.38 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
Of course your luck may vary but I'm impressed for the bang for the buck.

I did wax the blade and it doesn't slide as more expensive units, I can feel the roughness in the groove and might try to fix that at some point but it is really not an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000 ... UTF8&psc=1

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
sehast
Gold Member

Re: My new combo square

Post by sehast »

Not bad but I prefer to purchase different blades for the combination squares/bodies I already have. A premium blade is pretty economical, but for sure not less than $10, and switching out a blade is no problem.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: My new combo square

Post by Hobbyman2 »

thats a keeper !! and for that price is a bargain .
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)