SS Out Feed Table or Support Table

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dannyshamoon
Gold Member

SS Out Feed Table or Support Table

Post by dannyshamoon »

Does anyone have a picture of how the out feed table or support table mounts on a model 500? I see how it does on the other model that have table extensions.
Thanks
Danny
Chad
Platinum Member

Re: SS Out Feed Table or Support Table

Post by Chad »

I would guess you would need the support table for the model 500. They make a different table for each model. https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... ttable.htm

If that is no help at all. You might be able to come up with your own method. This video might help:
https://shopsmith.com/ssacademy/SS_Arch ... Bevels.htm

They provide plans to modify the support table over on "The Blackboard" on the right side of the page. Just scroll down on "The Blackboard".

The best part about the support table in the video is that the mounting has been modified so that it is totally attached to the mark V.

Something a standard stock support table will not do, no matter which support table and model of mark V you have. It will tilt with the main table, but not adjust in height with the main table without being adjusted separately.
Chad Nevels
  • ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1963 Shopsmith Mark V "Goldie" 1-1/8 hp Serial # 379185
    1980 Shopsmith Mark V 500
    1994 Shopsmith Mark V 510
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1994 OKUMA LB15 II OSP7000
    2017 OKUMA LB3000 EXII SPACE TURN MY OSP P300LA
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

dannyshamoon wrote:Does anyone have a picture of how the out feed table or support table mounts on a model 500? I see how it does on the other model that have table extensions.
Thanks
Danny
There was a post recently on the Facebook, Shopsmith Owners Group that showed how one member did his.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... oQbuhWm7fe
500 outfeed table top.jpg
500 outfeed table top.jpg (236.96 KiB) Viewed 3054 times
500 outfeed table bottom.jpg
500 outfeed table bottom.jpg (218.95 KiB) Viewed 3054 times
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
dannyshamoon
Gold Member

Post by dannyshamoon »

Ron.... THANKS, do you have a picture of it mounted on the back side? How does it attach to the table?
Danny
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

dannyshamoon wrote:Ron.... THANKS, do you have a picture of it mounted on the back side? How does it attach to the table?
Danny
I believe there were only the two pictures in the post, he does give more details in the comments.
Not positive, but it looks like the bolts in the rails (right side of the second photo) go into threaded holes in the back of the table (one can be seen protruding at the back of the left mitre slot in the first picture)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,