Sharpening guide manual

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

psikes
Gold Member

Sharpening guide manual

Post by psikes »

I sure hope someone can help me out here. The 510 I recently bought came with a lot of goodies but not all of the manuals and the one I need Shopsmith does not have a download version of. I had a sharpening guide once before and I am pretty sure that I have it put together properly but I would love to have a copy of the owners manual for it. Same for the Router Shield, almost brand new but no manual. I know it is pretty simple but I like to keep my documentation together. Any electronic format works fine for me.

Thanks, Phil
br549
Platinum Member

Re: Sharpening guide manual

Post by br549 »

Can't help with the sharpening guide (other than suggest the Illustrated Woodshop Tips https://www.shopsmith.com/woodshoptips/ ... /index.htm), but check your Private Messages for info on the Routing Shield.
psikes
Gold Member

Post by psikes »

Thanks, the Routing manual worked fine.

Phil
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I you are referring to the Lathe Tool Sharpening Guide P/N 555193 that mounts to the table and uses the sanding disk the Manual is P/N PL-5108 copyright 1986. You can contact customer support to see if you can get a copy. Since the Sharpening Guide is a current item it would infringe on their rights to post the instructions here without their permission.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
psikes
Gold Member

Post by psikes »

Thanks, my sharpening guide came with a used Shopsmith but without the manual. I will contact Shopsmith direct.