Strip sander table

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

psikes
Gold Member

Strip sander table

Post by psikes »

Hello all, long time who-smith owner coming back into the fold. I just picked up a 510 with lots of accessory bits but missing a few things. I got a beautiful strip sander but without the table. Should anyone have one I would be interested in it.

I also need to find the size for the machine screw #261 for the miter safety grip. Shopsmith doesn't sell that screw so i would have to buy the complete safety grip for one screw!

Any help on the above items will be appreciated. I am located on Whidbey Island in the state of Washington.

Phil
DLB
Platinum Member

Re: Strip sander table

Post by DLB »

Welcome to the forum. 261 is a Phillips drive screw, #10 - 32 TPI X 1-1/4" long. I believe the head type is called Phillips Fillister. It is similar to a socket head cap screw, but I did not check head dimensions for compatibility.

- David
psikes
Gold Member

Post by psikes »

Thanks, now I can find a replacement for the missing screw.

Phil
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

It does not NEED to be a phillips head. It DOES need to be a fillister head.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange