looking for a shopsmith beginner manual

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

djscruggs
Gold Member

looking for a shopsmith beginner manual

Post by djscruggs »

Shopsmith Woodworking Self Study Course Manual titled 10 simple lessons to successful woodworking

This is apparently a set of 10 projects that would take you through use of all of the tools on a shopsmith. Would love to find a copy. Just missed one that was on Ebay!!!

Anybody know where I meet get hands on a copy?

D
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: looking for a shopsmith beginner manual

Post by chapmanruss »

It doesn't appear Shopsmith sells it separately but is part of the set of books that also includes the Owner's Manual and the book Power Tool Woodworking for Everyone. These come with the Shopsmith when new or you can buy a replacement set but apparently not this one individually. Keep watching for a used copy or contact Shopsmith customer service to see if you can buy a new one from them. Do keep in mind that this has been included for decades and have come out in different editions. Early ones were in ten separate booklets but current ones come in a divided three ring binder. The idea on doing the exercises in all editions are the same but setups between the different Mark V models vary.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

To get started, go to the My Google Drive link in this page and look for the 1956 Woodworking Course that Everett Davis has restored:

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/main ... 16113.html

Mike
djscruggs
Gold Member

Post by djscruggs »

OMG!!! What a cornucopia of resources!!!!!!!! Thanks for the manual and so much more.

Let me take this moment to say that I have never, ever, found a forum as useful as this Shopsmith forum. EVer question i ask, no matter how basic and uninformed, gets address immediately, frequently with pictures and video illustrations from multiple users!!

Thank you so much!
br549
Platinum Member

Post by br549 »

https://beaumont.craigslist.org/tls/d/n ... 56582.html
Here is a Craigslist offering for PTWFE and the self-study course. I've seen this ad for quite some time, and just verified with seller that it is still available, because he doesn't want to ship and has had no luck locally. Not in the best of shape (at least not the cover of the hardbound book anyway), but should be usable. Appear to be same vintage or editions as my copies from 1980.

Not sure if seller will sell separately, or if seller is aware of USPS Media Mail, which is much less expensive and books without advertising should qualify.

You might want to add your location to your profile, so others in your area may be of more help.