Gold Member

Re: Thinking of starting a YouTube Channel

Post by Spooner »

I need to come up with a name too.
WileyCoyote
Gold Member

Post by WileyCoyote »

I would definitely subscribe to your channel. I would recommend you watch Doug Reid's channel, if you haven't He does quality videos. Scott Markwood, Tool Hunter, is another that I really enjoy. There are a couple out there on You Tube that probably shouldn't be. Like the guy who cut off his thumb, and the hillbilly who has no idea what he is doing (I'm originally from Tennessee so it's OK to use the term hillbilly). Good luck and I look forward to watching your videos in the future, and also catching up on all the others who were generous enough to provide a link to their videos on the forum today.
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

I have Doug Reid's channel in my favorites as well ad the SS channel... I have actually talked with Doug on several occasions regarding SS, Purchasing and so on. I even asked him about starting my own channel. He told me it's a lot of work but if it fun than do it and wished me luck. He's a great guy. Very personable.
okiejim
Silver Member

Post by okiejim »

WileyCoyote,
Where's the hillbilly I wanna see it?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

okiejim wrote:WileyCoyote,
Maybe here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBIEZr ... w0COy0NwJA
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
okiejim wrote:WileyCoyote,
Maybe here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBIEZr ... w0COy0NwJA
:D :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Spooner wrote:Ed in Tampa do you have any idea how these people get sponsored? Should I just contact SS and say hey sponsor me or do I need a following first? I mean... I get what RFGuy is saying. Don't get my hopes up. But I do enjoy those guys that do the reviews or box openings. I'd love to be a SS review guy that shows and reviews all their tools and accessories.
No I d not but I do know there is a maker convention in Atlanta in the near future. I understand there will be discussions on, techniques, equipment, building your channel and how to get support. I would think there could be no where else to get good advice than from the people that have already done it.
Let me you know your channel, you will have another subscriber.
Spooner
Gold Member

Post by Spooner »

Well guys I am sorry to tell you this because I feel this has been a bit of a waste of time. However I spoke with my wife over the weekend regarding starting a YouTube Channel. After a lengthy discussion I discovered she would be very uncomfortable about being that public with our lives. She doesn't want people all over the place knowing too much about us and she feels a YouTube Channel would open us up to that. So... Before I even got started I have to tell you I will not be starting a YouTube Channel. Sorry...
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Spooner wrote:Well guys I am sorry to tell you this because I feel this has been a bit of a waste of time. However I spoke with my wife over the weekend regarding starting a YouTube Channel. After a lengthy discussion I discovered she would be very uncomfortable about being that public with our lives. She doesn't want people all over the place knowing too much about us and she feels a YouTube Channel would open us up to that. So... Before I even got started I have to tell you I will not be starting a YouTube Channel. Sorry...
I totally understand. Don't worry about it. It was nice of you to even consider doing this for the Shopsmith community. The thought was appreciated. Always, always keep the wife happy...
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
okiejim
Silver Member

Post by okiejim »

I understand the concern. It would have been nice see others working with the Shopsmith. If you have any ideas you'd like to see drop me a line or comment on my channel and I will see what I can do. Thank for the thought though.