Tool Caddy useing repurposed box panels

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

STB
Gold Member

Tool Caddy useing repurposed box panels

Post by STB »

Some time back I purchased a couple of bundles of wood box panels with Hercules Powder stenciled on them. Yesterdays project was to make tool caddies with box joint corners. I used a jig presented by Nick Engler in a sawdust session. My first attempt was to use a router but couldn't control the chipping and ended up using a dado blade in the table saw.
As a note the wood box companies had disappeared from the Klamath Falls Or area (where the panels were bought) by the late 50's or early 60's so the panels have been kicking for quite a while.
Tool Caddy2 (1).jpg
Tool Caddy2 (1).jpg (67.11 KiB) Viewed 10257 times
Tool Caddy2 (1).jpg
Tool Caddy2 (1).jpg (67.11 KiB) Viewed 10257 times
Attachments
Tool Caddy2 (2).jpg
Tool Caddy2 (2).jpg (294.19 KiB) Viewed 10257 times
Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, dedicated Mark V drill press, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: Tool Caddy useing repurposed box panels

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Those caddies are COOL!!! :cool:
Mjrinor
Gold Member

Post by Mjrinor »

I think these tool cadies are very cool, well done! I appreciate re-using items in different capacities.

I also have to say that I think these signs are really cool on their own as well. I'd absolutely love one for my man cave. If you'd ever be willing to part with one, I'd buy
one from you, and pay the shipping if you'd be willing. It'd be nice to have a little Oregon history, but it'd also look perfect next to my vintage "no smoking" sign I've got hanging on there.
Lodgepole
Gold Member

Post by Lodgepole »

Very nice!!!
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I have a few of similar old ammo boxes that I use to store all my electrical parts. I didn't fix mine up nice like yours.