pocket screws

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: pocket screws

Post by RFGuy »

rpd wrote:
I use Subsilver2, but I think the other styles should have similar similar options, the icons will be different and the names in the navigation bar may be different too.
What skin are you using?
I am not using a skin, just the default Shopsmith one. I tried the New Posts link on it. It works, but it is kind of a pain. If it is a new post on a multi-page thread, the link only goes to page 1 of the thread. It would be nice if it would automatically go to the page of the thread that has the new post.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote:
rpd wrote:
I use Subsilver2, but I think the other styles should have similar similar options, the icons will be different and the names in the navigation bar may be different too.
What skin are you using?
I am not using a skin, just the default Shopsmith one. I tried the New Posts link on it. It works, but it is kind of a pain. If it is a new post on a multi-page thread, the link only goes to page 1 of the thread. It would be nice if it would automatically go to the page of the thread that has the new post.
You are using "a skin" or you would not be on the forum. You say you use the default which simply means you have not selected one of the other "board style options" (aka skins). BUT, don't bother. Changing board preferences will not resolve your complaint.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Steele510
Gold Member

Post by Steele510 »

RFGuy wrote:
rpd wrote:
What skin are you using?
Don't click the link, click the little orange folder beside it... that takes you to the newest individual unread post in that thread. The key is it adds this highlighted part to the url link… gets you to the newest unread item

""https://shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewtopic.php?f= &t= &view=unread#unread""

Seagull
Bronze Member

Post by Seagull »

Ordered a Kreg Pocket Hole Jig many yeras ago after reading a magazine article about this
"new product". Hardware store didn't even know what they were! That might have been close to 20 years ago...... Might not be that many but really can't remember for sure.
Have used it for dozens of projects including all the kitchen and bathroom cabinets in the new house.
Only thing to watch for is you need to clamp the parts tight before you drive the screws. Otherwise the boards can shift.
And I use the real brand name Kreg screws as they are better. Well worth the price. Especially with hardwoods and the fine thread hardwood screws.
Hope it works for you. Might not be fancy joinery but who cares. They work well, are solid and they are fast.