Windows 10 security patch

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rogersk
Gold Member

Windows 10 security patch

Post by rogersk »

Seems there's a special security patch coming today, as noted in the below referenced article on engadget. My laptop is updating now, but I don't know if it is this patch or just a regular update. I only recently moved to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and I'm still getting used to it.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/01/14/mic ... nd-by-nsa/
john_001
Gold Member

Re: Windows 10 security patch

Post by john_001 »

You don't need to follow a link to some outside web site to find out if there are updates available. Click on Start> Settings> Update and Security. You'll see any pending updates and can display your update history. You can also go to Start> Settings> System> About and see what version of Windows 10 you have. I think it should be 1909.
rogersk
Gold Member

Post by rogersk »

john_001 wrote:You don't need to follow a link to some outside web site to find out if there are updates available. Click on Start> Settings> Update and Security. You'll see any pending updates and can display your update history. You can also go to Start> Settings> System> About and see what version of Windows 10 you have. I think it should be 1909.
Yes, I know that. I only included the link to the outside website for anyone who might be interested in reading about the details.
twistsol
Gold Member

Post by twistsol »

This isn't even a particularly nasty defect. The NSA reported it and is making a big deal of the patch including holding a press conference about it. The cynical consensus from the non US tech media is that the NSA is trying to pretend the care about our security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks much,

Chris Phelps
Cheap tools are too expensive
2x Mark 5 520 and a 10ER