Woodworking Customer Humor

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Woodworking Customer Humor

Post by RFGuy »

Okay, I know this isn't Shopsmith related, but I really enjoyed this and wanted to share. There is a woodworker in the Phoenix area here who started up a YouTube channel. This video is a comedy skit about the actual questions he gets asked in his woodworking business by customers. I know many of us are hobbyists on the forum, but I think there are a number of members here who make a business out of it. Either way, I think this is hilarious and we can all relate to this. Enjoy.

📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Woodworking Customer Humor

Post by dusty »

The link that you reference in this post appears many times (under different circumstances) as I browse the forum. I don't know why it appears but I do know that it has become irritating.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote:The link that you reference in this post appears many times (under different circumstances) as I browse the forum. I don't know why it appears but I do know that it has become irritating.
Dusty,

What are you talking about? Are you referring to my post, or possibly some spam that got deleted? Details would be helpful. Thanks.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote:
dusty wrote:The link that you reference in this post appears many times (under different circumstances) as I browse the forum. I don't know why it appears but I do know that it has become irritating.
Dusty,

What are you talking about? Are you referring to my post, or possibly some spam that got deleted? Details would be helpful. Thanks.

THIS POST

Okay, I know this isn't Shopsmith related, but I really enjoyed this and wanted to share. There is a woodworker in the Phoenix area here who started up a YouTube channel. This video is a comedy skit about the actual questions he gets asked in his woodworking business by customers. I know many of us are hobbyists on the forum, but I think there are a number of members here who make a business out of it. Either way, I think this is hilarious and we can all relate to this. Enjoy.

Just hoover on the under lined words to see what I mean.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote:
RFGuy wrote:
Dusty,

THIS POST

Dusty,

This IS the COMMUNITY section of the forum. I am not the only one that posts content NOT related to Shopsmith. I wasn't the first one to post tool reviews (like Festool) unrelated to Shopsmith. Is it the content that you have a problem with, or are you just taking offense to me again on this forum???
📶RF Guy

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

You know, you have a real persecution complex. I don't take offense to you or your posts at all. I just expressed an opinion and it happened to relate to a post that you created.

Did you bother to hoover over those words to see what happens. These observations don't occur only when working in the Community forum and I don't know what they are. I do know that having them pop up when I am browsing has become an irritant.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Dusty,

I only posted one link to this one YouTube video, so I have to interpret your comments relating to it becoming irritating that you are referring to my posts in general. You do have the option to block my posts by adding me to your foe list so you never have to see my posts again. I don't have that luxury since you are one of the moderators and I cannot block you.
📶RF Guy

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

You just don't get it. This has nothing to do with YOU except that you were the OP in which the hyperlink appeared.

A hyperlink within a Microsoft Word document enables readers to "jump" from its location to a different place within the document, or to a different file or website, or to a new email message. In Word documents, hyperlink text is a different color than other text and is underlined.

Did you hoover and and did you discover the link to 16,000 wood working plans.

Did you notice the hyperlink in this post (word documents). I did not create that. It just appeared for reasons I do not know.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Dusty,

I don't see that all. It was a straight up YouTube link that I posted. There is nothing when I hover over it on the forum or when viewed on YouTube. Perhaps you can post a pic of what you are seeing. I would be happy to take down the link in my original post if it is a problem. The last thing I want to do is to post dangerous or mildly dangerous links that point somewhere else on the forum. We have enough spammers doing that for us.
📶RF Guy

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote:Dusty,

I don't see that all. It was a straight up YouTube link that I posted. There is nothing when I hover over it on the forum or when viewed on YouTube. Perhaps you can post a pic of what you are seeing. I would be happy to take down the link in my original post if it is a problem. The last thing I want to do is to post dangerous or mildly dangerous links that point somewhere else on the forum. We have enough spammers doing that for us.
Taking the link down is probably something you cannot do because you did not put it there. This same link to 16,000 wood working plans occurs many times and I am sure not just to you.

You may not see it possibly because the link was established based on words within your post but I see it every time I hoover there.
The Link.JPG
The Link.JPG (119.3 KiB) Viewed 13287 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty