Passed down shopsmith, looking for info.

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Jms2
Bronze Member

Passed down shopsmith, looking for info.

Post by Jms2 »

Hi there, I am new to this forum as of yesterday. I was recently given the opportunity to get a hold of my late grandpas shopsmith, and I jumped on the chance immediately. I have done a bit of research on the machine but am having a hard time finding the serial number on the website. The serial number is 041189, and I am wondering if anyone on here could help me find information on it.

Thank you in advance.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Passed down shopsmith, looking for info.

Post by RFGuy »

Jms2 wrote:Hi there, I am new to this forum as of yesterday. I was recently given the opportunity to get a hold of my late grandpas shopsmith, and I jumped on the chance immediately. I have done a bit of research on the machine but am having a hard time finding the serial number on the website. The serial number is 041189, and I am wondering if anyone on here could help me find information on it.

Thank you in advance.
I believe your serial number is also your date of manufacture. It means your machine was built on April 11, 1989 (see last line of chart at link below). Welcome to the forum.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/serialnumber.htm
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Jms2
Bronze Member

Re: Passed down shopsmith, looking for info.

Post by Jms2 »

Awesome! Thanks for the help.