sawsmith 2000 question

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: sawsmith 2000 question

Post by JPG »

Sawdust1 wrote:I am new to this forum and am the original owner of a Sawsmith 2000 which I purchased in 1994. The saw has several accessories including the Excalibur fence upgrade. Recently the saw will not turn on. I'm looking to get it working again, may sell it soon, and was hoping it is just the switch and not the saw motor. I have a manual that is in good shape, but did not find a wiring diagram for the switch circuit in it. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the switch circuit?
Take a picture of the wiring side of the switch and post it here.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote:
Sawdust1 wrote:I am new to this forum and am the original owner of a Sawsmith 2000 which I purchased in 1994. The saw has several accessories including the Excalibur fence upgrade. Recently the saw will not turn on. I'm looking to get it working again, may sell it soon, and was hoping it is just the switch and not the saw motor. I have a manual that is in good shape, but did not find a wiring diagram for the switch circuit in it. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the switch circuit?
There is a picture of the back of the switch in the middle of page two of this thread. ;)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:
JPG wrote:
There is a picture of the back of the switch in the middle of page two of this thread. ;)
That picture shows what appears to be a start relay. Strange wire colors as well. Not a good reference...
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange