New restoration

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Jmcc737
Bronze Member

New restoration

Post by Jmcc737 »

Hey yall. I decided to restore this 1956 Mark V I got. I'm stuck on day one. The way tubes on the end that pivots doesn't slide out. Well one did the other one is stuck. I see there are set screws but I dont know how to reach it behind the pivot bar.

[url=https:///]Image[/url] upload
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: New restoration

Post by JPG »

Since you are restoring anyway, you can make that task much easier by removing the pivot bar first. Drive the tension pin to the left of your finger INTO the casting(driving it all the way through the hinge pin(pivot bar). That gives you clear access to the set screw(s). Take care to NOT mushroom the tension pin(roll pin).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Jmcc737
Bronze Member

Post by Jmcc737 »

Thanks. I figured something along those lines but wasnt ready to smash stuff without guidance.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Jmcc737 wrote:Thanks. I figured something along those lines but wasnt ready to smash stuff without guidance.
No one here will 'guide' thee to 'smash' any part! :eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange