Specials from the mother ship

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

moggymatt
Platinum Member

Specials from the mother ship

Post by moggymatt »

Anyone know what version router tables are in the current special? None of the links have images.
Paul B
algale
Platinum Member

Re: Specials from the mother ship

Post by algale »

I had the same question. I'm not sure but I think these are just the table top replacement parts for the current 500 model router table and the pro-router table for the 520/Mark 7 listed under the on-line catalogs. There's a live link for the model 500. The pro-router table link (for the 520/Mark 7) is dead.

As a replacement part for just the table itself, that would mean you'd just get a flat table. For the 500 table, it wouldn't be mounted to extension table legs that let you mount it in the place where a SPT would mount, it wouldn't have the support leg, it might not have a router plate and no router guard or fence. For the pro-table, it wouldn't have the 520 rails that let you mount it like a floating table or, perhaps, not even a router plate.

Al
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Shopsmith really misses an opportunity when they do this.

There may be Power Station parts that I would order (since I have two of them) but I cannot be certain of what is being offered. I so need the associated parts breakdown. I have the documentation for both my Power Stations and the Crafters Station but I am unable to positively identify the listed parts.

NO SALE.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/specials/7DV365
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Post by moggymatt »

When you can't confirm the part your ordering is the part you want to order, it certainly makes it hard to pull the trigger. You would think someone at SS would think to use a cell phone camera with the sale items, it's easy enough to attach images or link to images now a-days.
Paul B
Shawn
Silver Member

Post by Shawn »

I was wondering about this myself. I do not have a router table yet, I just acquired a router within the last month or so and was looking at building a table. The universal router table price appears that it might be a full table, but I was wondering if anyone had pictures. I did not get a chance to call Shopsmith to ask about them this week, as I just found the ad buried in my e-mail today. If anyone has info on the following part numbers, I would be curious. 518073, 522415, 522267
Mark V 520 Table System with Jointer, Band saw, Planer, Strip Sander, Biscuit Joiner and DC3300 Dust Collector. DeWalt palm sander, Ryobi 12" sliding miter saw, and hopefully many more items to come.