Jigsaw Parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

skou wrote:Bill, you want a 1000 GB (1 Tb) drive, let me know! I've got a couple, and would consider a trade.

Oh, if there is ANYTHING I can help you out with, LET ME KNOW!

I understand your "issues" and would like to save your knowledge, before it is lost.

I recently (4 years ago) lost my mother, and am DEARLY regretting not saving her memories.

Let me know what I can do for you!

steve
Contact me off line. My memory is a problem as the Alzheimer takes over some days. Please use my Email address listed at the bottom of my posts to contact me as some PMs seems to get lost. If you could include some of any previous Emails, it will help me keep track and remember you. If I fail to respond, please try again in a few days as I still get some good days. Thanks.
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
JHall
Bronze Member

Re: Jigsaw Parts

Post by JHall »

Does anyone have a lower chuck (part #502282) for shopsmith jigsaw model 505644? Mine is stripped inside and I can't chuck a blade.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

They have a 5022829 Jigsaw Lower Chuck they show for sale.

Is that the same as yours? You would need to confirm it with them.

Everett
Jigsaw Lower Chuck 5022829.png
Jigsaw Lower Chuck 5022829.png (28.84 KiB) Viewed 16988 times
JHall
Bronze Member

Post by JHall »

Thanks Everet, I will check with them. My manual doesn't show the 9 at the end but hopefully the parts are interchangeable
JHall
Bronze Member

Post by JHall »

Shopsmith sure isn't the company they used to be when I bought the jigsaw. The woman I spoke with told me that I had to make an appointment with an engineer to find out if the parts were interchangeable and it would cost me $20 to speak with one!
I am curious where you found this part number and maybe there would be an exploded parts diagram that would help to determine whether the parts were the same. I looked at the diagram for the newer scroll saw and saw nothing like it.
JHall
Bronze Member

Post by JHall »

I tried emailing them and they responded that the parts were interchangeable.Thanks a lot Everett, you helped turn my saw into something workable rather than a boat anchor.
Some time ago Bill Mayo was on this forum and mentioned having parts also. I tried emailing him with no response. Is he still around?
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JHall wrote:I tried emailing them and they responded that the parts were interchangeable.Thanks a lot Everett, you helped turn my saw into something workable rather than a boat anchor.
Some time ago Bill Mayo was on this forum and mentioned having parts also. I tried emailing him with no response. Is he still around?
Bill passed away a while ago.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JHall wrote:Shopsmith sure isn't the company they used to be when I bought the jigsaw.
The woman I spoke with told me that I had to make an appointment with an engineer to find out if the parts were interchangeable and it would cost me $20 to speak with one!

I am curious where you found this part number and maybe there would be an exploded parts diagram that would help to determine whether the parts were the same. I looked at the diagram for the newer scroll saw and saw nothing like it.
If this is the way SS is going for simple questions to customer service the SS we all have known for 50 years is gone. Sad! I guess that CS personnel have no clue about the machine like the old employees.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Jigsaw, Jigsaw???? How long has it been since Shopsmith sold a "Jigsaw".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JHall
Bronze Member

Post by JHall »

They called it a"jigsaw but its actually a scroll saw. I don't know when they stopped selling them.