Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

eponarae
Bronze Member

Re: Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Post by eponarae »

It's intent is to eliminate such posts elsewhere.

We need to be careful to not use this as a 'Trading post' since that is specifically a denied use of this forum.

To be blunt, all posts must not be of anything the poster has a financial interest in.[/quote]

Sorry folks--should I not have listed my 10ER here? I didn't mean to break the guidelines. Craig's List gives me the heebie-jeebies and I wanted to go straight to TRUE enthusiasts...

Re: RE: Re: Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Post by Guest »

[quote="eponarae"]It's intent is to [u]eliminate[/u] such posts elsewhere.

We need to be careful to not use this as a 'Trading post' since that is specifically a denied use of this forum.

To be blunt, all posts must not be of anything the poster has a financial interest in.[/quote]

Sorry folks--should I not have listed my 10ER here? I didn't mean to break the guidelines. Craig's List gives me the heebie-jeebies and I wanted to go straight to TRUE enthusiasts...[/quote]You could try the Shopsmith sales group on Facebook. That will be mostly enthusiasts.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
badtheba
Gold Member

Re: RE: Re: Heads Up - Bargain 'available'

Post by badtheba »

eponarae wrote:It's intent is to eliminate such posts elsewhere.

To be blunt, all posts must not be of anything the poster has a financial interest in.
Sorry folks--should I not have listed my 10ER here? I didn't mean to break the guidelines. Craig's List gives me the heebie-jeebies and I wanted to go straight to TRUE enthusiasts...[/quote]You could try the Shopsmith sales group on Facebook. That will be mostly enthusiasts.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
eponarae
Bronze Member

Post by eponarae »

Thanks Badtheba, will do.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I am gonna express an opinion(s) here!

I consider the admonishing of posters to be the responsibility of Admin and any Moderators if they truly exist.

I also consider extrapolating the sponser's rules to include things not expressly stated by the sponsor to be irrelevant.

I also do not think posting an intent to 'disperse' one's tools to be against the rules as long as any negotations occur external to the forum.

All that said, it IS appropriate for anyone to point out that actual posting of price etc. is not included in the sponsor's allowed uses to anyone who posts said intent.

JMO
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
badtheba
Gold Member

Post by badtheba »

This seems like a really good deal for anyone in the Denver area. Considering what the upgraded guard itself goes for, I'd snatch this up if I were close.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-Prof ... 0&LH_BIN=1
jchapman
Bronze Member

Post by jchapman »

Cleaning out my father's garage...

I have a bunch of shopsmith parts from the original basic config that were taken off when dad upgraded everything and rebuilt the motor. I've got the old shuttles, rip fence, table saw table, motor mount blade guard, that old rickety dangerous saw guard that I don't need.

I'm in Lawton OK... If anyone wants them... they can have them if they are in the area.

I plan on taking the ShopSmith and accessories with me as we close out the estate, but these are extra bits that I'd rather see find a good home rather than off to scrap.

Recommendations welcome.
Here's what I've got
Here's what I've got
Shopsmith bits.jpg (305.38 KiB) Viewed 25605 times
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

https://iowacity.craigslist.org/tls/d/w ... 81948.html

Aftermarket miter gauge for the SS. Osborne EB3 with both 3/4" miter bar and a SS bar.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
br549
Platinum Member

Re: Heads Up - Bargain 'available' - 12" Planer $200

Post by br549 »

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld ... 98250.html

FYI, I do not know the seller or have any financial interest. Being originally from VA, I ocassionally check Craigslist ads for any good buys that my relatives who still live in VA might be able to get for me. I already have a planer, so while I don't need this one, thought it looked like a bargain for someone.
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Anybody need a good dado set? I have one for sale. It's a Tenryu GMD-20340 Gold Medal 8" Dado Blade Set Very lightly used. Reground for flat bottom cuts. Chippers: 1 ea. 1 /4", 2 ea. 1/8" and 1 ea. 1/16" . And, a full set of Amana shims. Comes with original case. Original price $298.50. Asking $140. Heckuva deal.

PM if interested. Thanks.