phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

View You Tube or other videos off line

#259571 by Gene Howe » Sun May 12, 2019 10:25 am

The WIFI signal in my shop is pretty sketchy so, watching an instructional video out there can be a frustrating experience. I needed a way to grab a video from my PC in the house and take it to the shop. I'm sure there are work arounds for accomplishing this but, not being tech savvy, I needed something really simple. This little program fills the bill. The instructions for using it are very easy to understand. I just grabbed the video needed and stuck it on one of those USB thingies to take to lap top in the shop. It works great.

If you need something like this, take a look at Clipgrab.

https://clipgrab.org/faqs/howto-download-youtube-video

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: View You Tube or other videos off line

#259572 by JPG » Sun May 12, 2019 11:05 am

Very Nice!!!! :cool:

FWIW that piggy backed thingie can be ignored by unclicking before downloading.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#259573 by Gene Howe » Sun May 12, 2019 11:33 am

JPG wrote:
FWIW that piggy backed thingie can be ignored by unclicking before downloading.

Now I'm really cornfuzed.

#259574 by rjent » Sun May 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Gene Howe wrote:The WIFI signal in my shop is pretty sketchy so, watching an instructional video out there can be a frustrating experience. I needed a way to grab a video from my PC in the house and take it to the shop. I'm sure there are work arounds for accomplishing this but, not being tech savvy, I needed something really simple. This little program fills the bill. The instructions for using it are very easy to understand. I just grabbed the video needed and stuck it on one of those USB thingies to take to lap top in the shop. It works great.

If you need something like this, take a look at Clipgrab.

https://clipgrab.org/faqs/howto-download-youtube-video

There are lots of ways to download YT videos. Some of the easiest to use are simply addons to the browser:
Just do a google search for "Browser addon for youtube download" and you will get a lot of suggestions.

Just thought I would add my .02 :D

---

Dick

1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin

#259575 by reible » Sun May 12, 2019 1:29 pm

If you use FoxFire or Chrome then look closely at "Video DownloadHelper"......

Ed

---

{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]

#259577 by Gene Howe » Sun May 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Dick and Ed,
Thanks for that info. Told you I wasn't too savvy. Had I known it could be done with Chrome, it would've saved me some aggravation. Oh well, it's on the desk top now. Just a click away.

#259586 by JPG » Sun May 12, 2019 8:34 pm

If you did not unnerstan about the extra stuff, thee probably gots it!

I like it! Especially the clipboard function.

I prefer standalone stuff rather than appended stuff.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange