What does your workbenches look like?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: What does your workbenches look like?

Post by JPG »

P89DC wrote:Here's mine, it's a Shopsmith from the early 90s. Had a choice back then, either a Sawsmith or Workbench. Made the right choice! The Harbor Freight Tool cabinet and chest are full of hand tools such as hand planes, block planes etc. I know, I'm supposed to make a beautiful solid wood tool chest suitable for the cover of Fine Woodworking...Maybe someday but I pulled this shop up from the studs to insulated/vapor barrier/dry wall/texture/paint. Rebuilt a SS 500 from a box to a shorty (all new bearings even the motor)

It's time for projects!
How can you get any work done on the bench with all those tools lying around? :D

I like steel cabinets. Far more gooder than what I might make. ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
P89DC
Gold Member

Post by P89DC »

I had too much empty space in the HF drawers so I indulged in some new Narex chisels. They're all getting sharpened. The top of the HF cabinet is a perfect sharpening station.
1986 510, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, scroll saw, jigsaw and lots of accessories. Shopsmith woodworking bench too!
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

JPG wrote:
P89DC wrote:Here's mine, it's a Shopsmith from the early 90s. Had a choice back then, either a Sawsmith or Workbench. Made the right choice! The Harbor Freight Tool cabinet and chest are full of hand tools such as hand planes, block planes etc. I know, I'm supposed to make a beautiful solid wood tool chest suitable for the cover of Fine Woodworking...Maybe someday but I pulled this shop up from the studs to insulated/vapor barrier/dry wall/texture/paint. Rebuilt a SS 500 from a box to a shorty (all new bearings even the motor)

It's time for projects!
How can you get any work done on the bench with all those tools lying around? :D

I like steel cabinets. Far more gooder than what I might make. ;)
I like steel cabinets too. Maybe I am paranoid, but I have to contend with subterranean termites here in AZ. At least with steel cabinets that touch the wall and floor, I don't have to worry about the critters coming up and getting into a nice wood cabinet that I built. One of my future planned shop projects is to move things around a bit and build a tool wall to hold some of my Shopsmith accessories for easier access, but also chisels, squares, etc. to be closer to me. I intend to make a nice wood tool wall, but plan to mount it off the cinder block wall with spacers to protect it from the termites here. They really love to get into stuff in the garages here unless you keep the ground flooded with Termidor.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor