What color is this?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

moggymatt
Platinum Member

What color is this?

Post by moggymatt »

What's my color?
What's my color?
20190406_114429-600x800.jpg (205.04 KiB) Viewed 14920 times
Paul B
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Re: What color is this?

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Natural?
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Post by mountainbreeze »

Green
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

I vote for black. Like in walnut.
Bill V
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

wa2crk wrote:I vote for black. Like in walnut.
Bill V
Me too as in truck. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Post by moggymatt »

Bill V is the winner!

Black Walnut GOLD!
My buddy, who just started renting a house, didn't know how long the tree had been cut, but figured it was at least a year already. He's actually helping the owner fix the house up and they were just going to haul it to the dump. The bark that was still on, which was most of it, came right off and had cool stuff growing under it. It's possible it came down in a windstorm a few years back, or at least most of the tree did.

The combined weight of those chunks has to be over 600 lbs. If I can sneak it outside, I'll use the wife's bathroom scale to weigh them because I want to know. Those are roughly two foot lengths and the big ones took quite a bit to get them in the truck.

This came from a well established neighborhood and I tried counting rings but have to clean it up a bit before I can get the whole pic. In one spot at about mid radius I was counting 14 to the inch.

My plan is to try and turn a bowl today after chores. I'll post some more as I go.
Paul B