Pin Router Table Part Needed

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

CraigM
Bronze Member

Pin Router Table Part Needed

Post by CraigM »

I'm looking for the plexiglass front guard that goes on the stand-alone pin router table system...part number 515161. I checked with ShopSmith today and they no longer stock this part. Does anyone have this guard who would be willing to sell it? Thanks in advance.
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Pin Router Table Part Needed

Post by reible »

I don't have one of these but maybe it might work:

https://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cat ... shield.htm

You would not use most of it, just the plastic shield bit so a lot of cost for just that. So perhaps someone here owns both and could check it out for you. Or if you have lots of extra money you could just buy one and see.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
CraigM
Bronze Member

Post by CraigM »

Good idea...the shield in your link looks very similar to the one I need. However, given the cost of buying a router chuck I couldn't use with that package and since the shield may not fit my pin router setup, I'll hold out hope that someone on the forum has what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

CraigM wrote:Good idea...the shield in your link looks very similar to the one I need. However, given the cost of buying a router chuck I couldn't use with that package and since the shield may not fit my pin router setup, I'll hold out hope that someone on the forum has what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion.
I am not sure that shield will work. Certainly not out of the box but it may be able to be modified to work. The pictures show what the correct shield looks like.
Attachments
Shield1.jpg
Shield1.jpg (92.5 KiB) Viewed 6885 times
Shield2.jpg
Shield2.jpg (56.75 KiB) Viewed 6885 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT