Simple poll for PowerPro owners

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Re: Simple poll for PowerPro owners

Post by fredsheldon »

RFGuy wrote:Just curious if anyone knows whether you can order a replacement control module or the electronics module for the PowerPro? I did a quick search on Shopsmith's website but could not find any part numbers for them. If someone wanted to buy backup modules (just in case) to have around, is it possible?
I was quoted $500 to purchase either the control module or electronics module when my PP quite a couple of years ago. Ended up sending both in and they repaired both for a total of $350, including return shipping. It cost $40 to ship to SS. Never really found out if both required repairs, but that's what SS told me the vendor said they did to fix it.
Fred
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

Very glad I have it. It’s been two years with no issues. I use it almost exclusively as a lathe and love it.
Paul
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Right now it 22 to 0. I'd go in and change the poll but I think when I tried that before you loose the data you already have. But I will try and remember that for next time. Perhaps on Sunday I will see if I can edit and if the data is lost I'll close the poll and just report the findings at that time.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
hdoilcan
Gold Member

Post by hdoilcan »

I owned one (new) and sold it. Not interested in owning another one.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

hdoilcan wrote:I owned one (new) and sold it. Not interested in owning another one.
Would you like to tell us why?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Well as I sort of expected the results went away after the edit to add the option of viewing the pole. So with this I will give you the results and close the pole.
ScreenHunter 115.jpg
ScreenHunter 115.jpg (32.18 KiB) Viewed 14135 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]