$5 Belt Sander

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

retiredsoldier919
Gold Member

$5 Belt Sander

Post by retiredsoldier919 »

I picked up this belt sander at a local flea market. Could not pass the chance to see if I can restore it, and connect it to my SS 510.
Toolkraft
Toolkraft
20170226_180224-1600x1200-800x600.jpg (114.95 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
Last edited by retiredsoldier919 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garys
Platinum Member

Re: $5 Belt Sander

Post by garys »

I'll take it off your hands for $5 or even $50. I could use a reasonably priced one.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

WOW! Cast iron!! Bushing bearings?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
retiredsoldier919
Gold Member

JPG wrote:WOW! Cast iron!! Bushing bearings?
I think it has bushings. Both rollers move smoothly, with no play in any direction. I think it may have never been used. I think the fact that the face is painted the same color as the body and shows no wear at all. I thought the face would be polished bare metal. In any case, this will my first attempt to use electrolysis.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

retiredsoldier919 wrote:
I think it has bushings. Both rollers move smoothly, with no play in any direction. I think it may have never been used. I think the fact that the face is painted the same color as the body and shows no wear at all. I thought the face would be polished bare metal. In any case, this will my first attempt to use electrolysis.
That will take the paint off.

Do take the aluminum stuff off first.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
retiredsoldier919
Gold Member

JPG wrote:
retiredsoldier919 wrote:
That will take the paint off.

Do take the aluminum stuff off first.
Oh yes. I do plan on disassembling it and repainting afterwards.
retiredsoldier919
Gold Member

garys wrote:I'll take it off your hands for $5 or even $50. I could use a reasonably priced one.

Sent you a PM about this. I may not get to this anytime soon, so I'm willing to part with it.