Christmas presents???

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rpd
Platinum Member

Re: Christmas presents???

Post by rpd »

I got a conical sanding disk for Christmas. :cool: :D
My wife and I got married on my birthday. Her parents fiftieth wedding anniversary was only a few days later so we had a combined reception which worked out well for the out of town guests many of which came from England.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
hdoilcan
Gold Member

Post by hdoilcan »

One of my Christmas gifts (I purchased ) about two weeks ago from a member here...... Is a never used Mark 7. It was out of the box but never used. The deal was I don't get to use it until Christmas. My other gift was a new Miller 211 mig welder. Not sure what toy I'm more excited about :)
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

This Record 53 vise wasn't a Christmas present but it was gifted to me in December. I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy and install this massive brute. Any links to instructions or other advice would be most appreciated. It appears from everything I find on the google that the installation should provide for the metal surface of the jaws to be just below flush with the bench top.
Photo Dec 27, 7 35 09 AM.jpg
Photo Dec 27, 7 35 09 AM.jpg (525.44 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

I got a 220v garage heater and some beater chisels so I can baby my narex set. Now I just have to wire in the heater... like 100 bucks for a 220v 30a gfi breaker and heavy copper wire to put it in. On the bright side Minnesota winters are going to get a bit more tolerable in the shop.
-Beave
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

tomsalwasser wrote:This Record 53 vise wasn't a Christmas present but it was gifted to me in December. I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy and install this massive brute. Any links to instructions or other advice would be most appreciated. It appears from everything I find on the google that the installation should provide for the metal surface of the jaws to be just below flush with the bench top
A lovely piece of hardware.

Yes the metal should be below the bench surface, you will probably need to shim between the bench and the vise to get the proper height.,

I mounted a Record #52 on my bench a couple of months ago. If you fit the two rear bolts first and then slide the vise on to them they will help hold the weight while you fit the front bolts.

Here is a link to how Paul Sellers fits a vise. How to Build a Workbench – Fitting the Vise (part14)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Some really nice non material presents posted, nice T shirt Reliable!!!
And Steve, what a bro you are, an ER Speed Changer!
Will tune up those chisels today during the Packer game, and get a report out in a couple days.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

rpd wrote:A lovely piece of hardware. I mounted a Record #52 on my bench a couple of months ago.
Thank you Ron. I would really enjoy seeing a picture of your 52 if you get a chance. That link is just what I needed. Much appreciated.
carbonman
Gold Member

Post by carbonman »

[quote="tomsalwasser"]It appears from everything I find on the google that the installation should provide for the metal surface of the jaws to be just below flush with the bench top.

I have been using one of those for years and it hardly shows any ware.
I mounted mine exactly like that. Very nice piece of equipment. The quick release is very handy.
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

ERLover wrote:Some really nice non material presents posted
Here are my non material presents all together for Christmas breakfast.
IMG_3017.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG (745.51 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

carbonman wrote: I mounted mine exactly like that. Very nice piece of equipment. The quick release is very handy.
Thanks carbon! Please do post a picture if you get a chance, I'd love to see it.