Band Saw Upgrade

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

psf513
Gold Member

Band Saw Upgrade

Post by psf513 »

Good morning. In my email this morning, I noticed that SS is having it's Annual Sawing & Drilling Sale. It made me think about my next project which includes the need to resaw on the bandsaw. I previously read the ldh post entitled Ceramic Blade Guides for the Bandsaw. I was wordering if the bandsaw package upgrades shown in the sale ad are worth buying or should I be looking for individual items to upgrade the system?

THANKS
Pete

1990 500 w/ band saw, jointer, scroll saw, dust collector, androuter table
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

Pete

Not knowing what you have on your band saw, I would recommend getting the cool blocks if you don't already have them. I have the Kreg deluxe fence with the re-saw guide and the micro adjuster and feel that this fence is well worth the cost, especially when you can get it on sale. In my opinion it is a huge improvement over the fence that came with the saw. You can make your own re-saw guide, but this one is easily attached to the fence so why not get it while it is on sale and you can get the whole package. I also have the cover with the window which makes it much more convenient to release the tension when the saw is not being used instead of taking the cover off each time you need to do this. You also could make your own window and opening for the allen wrench but again the sale is on now, so its a matter of what you have to spend. Hope this helps. I am sure others will have other suggestions.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN