I read/watched everything in the Forum and on the Shopsmith site about the molder. There's really not that much out there about using the molder head so I though I'd post about my little experiment.
Because this was just test I decided to use some scraps of 2x6 that I had milled for another project.
The face profile was cut with the bead & cove molding molder knife (number 555038) in several passes until I achieved full depth.
The cove in the side profile was made with the 1" flute molder knife (number 505573).
These photos are fresh off the molder head itself (and mitered) -- no sanding. Here's the end view:
All in all I think the molder has tremendous possibilities. I did make one mistake. When cutting the flute in the side I forgot to check the carriage lock. When I started the Shopsmith up, there was more vibration than I had experienced with the first cut (using the bead & cove knife) and the carriage drifted and before I could knock off the power I had nibbled a 32nd of an inch off of my molder table insert.