Today in the shop Vice vs Vise

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Today in the shop Vice vs Vise

Post by dusty »

I don't know what or who is FLAKEY but all of the referenced images are available on this computer right now.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

dusty wrote:I don't know what or who is FLAKEY but all of the referenced images are available on this computer right now.
You must have surfed to this thread earlier, so they are cached on your PC. Not available now, glitchy forum software, I assume. No who, just software.

For instance:
kablerj
Gold Member

Post by kablerj »

Fantastic review Ed. Thank you.
Hello from Somerset in the beautiful Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands.

Mark 7, Mark VII, Mark V 520, Mark V 510 x 2, Mark V 500
SPT's - Band Saw, Jig Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, strip sander, Oscillating Sander, Speed Increaser
SS Freestanding - Pro Planer, Scroll Saw, Overarm Pin Router, Power Station, DC3000 x 2
Made for SS - Incra iBox, Ring Master

"Honest dear, I can quit any time I want."
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Here we go again, again.
Just came back to this post and now Reible's pix and Dusty's pix do not open. Only difference is that I turned the computer off about an hour ago and just restarted and no pix at all.
Bill V

Just got back to this site after about 20 minutes and when I hover on Reible's blank pics I get a small icon that says "pin it". What does pin it mean and to where am I pinning it?
Bill V
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

wa2crk wrote:When I hover on Reible's blank pics I get a small icon that says "pin it". What does pin it mean and to where am I pinning it?
Bill V
For me the photos were gone but now they are back.

I believe "pin it" would attach the photo to you Pinterest board, if you had one. (I don't either)
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Aah, the images are cached. No wonder I don't lose them when others do. I hardly ever turn my computer offr. I just go offline.

You had me going there for awhile. BUT, I turned my computer off the computer and left to watch the news. I came back and guess what.

I still have all of the images even though I turned off and came then came back on.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

My pics show up since I link to other photo hosting (Google web albums). I guess whatever computer SS uses to store/serve uploaded photos is not always online/available.

All that said, yahoo, the photos are back!
HenrikJonasson
Bronze Member

Post by HenrikJonasson »

dusty wrote:This was, as usual from Reible, a very well done and very helpful tool review.

I too have one of these vises but mine seems to be some sort of hybrid version. I purchased mine from Shopsmith a few years back when it was featured as an email special. It does everything that it is advertised to do BUT it gets very little use in my shop. In fact, today I had to locate it. It took about fifteen minutes to find where it had migrated to.

If I must list one feature that I do not care for, it is the quick release button. The idea is great but on mine it is hard to operate. It does not readily release even when the button is pushed.
I wanna buy this tool
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

HenrikJonasson wrote:
dusty wrote:This was, as usual from Reible, a very well done and very helpful tool review.

I too have one of these vises but mine seems to be some sort of hybrid version. I purchased mine from Shopsmith a few years back when it was featured as an email special. It does everything that it is advertised to do BUT it gets very little use in my shop. In fact, today I had to locate it. It took about fifteen minutes to find where it had migrated to.

If I must list one feature that I do not care for, it is the quick release button. The idea is great but on mine it is hard to operate. It does not readily release even when the button is pushed.
I wanna buy this tool
If you want to buy it review post http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... 63#p259263