Shopsmith - Is shipping always this slow?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Owad
Silver Member

Shopsmith - Is shipping always this slow?

Post by Owad »

I placed an order on Nov 21 for a filter hood, some sliding t-nuts, and an expansion bar. Only the filter hood was listed as "may be on back-order", but it's been over a month now, and nothing has shipped.

My order status says that the filter hood is expected on Jan 9, the gift card is out of stock with no shipping date indicated (is it that hard to keep gift cards in stock?), and the other two items don't indicate any delay, but they still haven't shipped.

I'm beginning to get irritated, as I need those t-nuts for a project, and have been waiting for over a month now. If I'd known it was going to take this long, I'd have waited for Black Friday. If one item in an order is back-ordered, does Shopsmith typically hold the entire order like this, until it's available?
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith - Is shipping always this slow?

Post by dusty »

If one item in an order is back-ordered, does Shopsmith typically hold the entire order like this, until it's available?

No, that has not been my experience. They typically ship what they have. However, rather than get your answer (which will be pure speculation) here I would suggest that you call customer service. Also, you might get as much information by checking your order status on-line (if you have not already done that).
Last edited by dusty on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Owad
Silver Member

Re: Shopsmith - Is shipping always this slow?

Post by Owad »

Thanks, I'm going to give them a call. I just wanted to get an idea of what's normal, first.

The on-line order status is where I got the Jan 9 date, and the other info in my original post.