Reborn 10ER

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Mike vonBuelow
Gold Member

Post by Mike vonBuelow »

SHAZZAM !:cool:
Mike

Proud 24-yr USAF Veteran

COMPUTER: Dell Optiplex 620 - XP
LASER HARDWARE: Pinnacle 25W Mercury
CNC HARDWARE: Lumenlab MicRo CNC
WOOD TURNING HARWARD: ShopSmith Mark 7
SOFTWARE: Corel X3, CS4 Suite, Photoshop Web Suite CS3, Solidworks
FIRMWARE: My brain
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

I have 3 of those "work horses" I was going to make a "show pony", but then decided to just use em and abusem'!! Cant breakem, get rid of the rust of course, but as Skou sez, "they arent printing them any more"!!!!!!!!!!!!
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

A really nice job! Every time I see I restore thead using the Greenie color scheme I dream about making my 520 a green machine. I've said it before and will say it again: Shopsmith should offer this as a factory option paint job on the new Mark 7. It just looks soooooo much better than grey.
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

algale
I agree, the greenie and goldie where the best!! and some of the restores of a wrinckle finish and some variations of the color schemes are the BEST!!
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

&quot wrote:I have 3 of those "work horses" I was going to make a "show pony", but then decided to just use em and abusem'!! Cant breakem, get rid of the rust of course, but as Skou sez, "they arent printing them any more"!!!!!!!!!!!!
What makes you think I am not going to use it? :confused:

I would rather work with something nice and know I have touched every part. I was that way with cars, and now I know what I have, and as a bonus, I can admire a beautiful machine as I use it .... win win for me .... :rolleyes:
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Dick, haven't posted here yet, but that is my issue. (Kinda late to the party!)

You have resurrected an old machine, and the results are simply amazing. Keep it, use it, and enjoy it. (I just hope one of my machines ends up looking that good!)

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Very nice job!!!!

Post a couple pix here and link to this thread.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
megastevo81
Gold Member

Post by megastevo81 »

WOW that looks fantastic. Certainly gives me motivation to complete my restoration too!!
paulsgreenbarn
Gold Member

Post by paulsgreenbarn »

Excellent job on the restore.The green looks great.You could probably stay busy doing that for others.Put me and my 10er in line.
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

rjent,
I did not mean to imply you were not going to use it. My 3 are in pristine shape for there age as far as paint and finishes go, one has rusty tubes, but I will redo those this winter. At this point in time, I am too busy making/using them to take the time/effort to tear them down for new paint and polish. I just cleaned up some of the aluminum to smooth it and get rid of some oxidation on it.