Restoration Progress On My 1952 ER10

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

What color to paint my ER10? (post #216)

Poll ended at Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Other (post you answer)
50%
Other (post you answer)
36%
Other (post you answer)
14%

Total votes: 36

shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

You're scaring me Mike. You're starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld.

Paul M
Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
retiredsoldier919
Gold Member

Post by retiredsoldier919 »

Mike, I got my bearings installed and put the drive shaft assembly back into the headstock. Now it runs smooth as silk. I used your thread for most of the process. Thanks again and now I have this thread linked from my desktop.
David

10ER - SN:21949, Acquired 11 Jan 2010
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

retiredsoldier919 wrote:Mike, I got my bearings installed and put the drive shaft assembly back into the headstock. Now it runs smooth as silk. I used your thread for most of the process. Thanks again and now I have this thread linked from my desktop.
Glad the thread helped. It's actually a pretty easy process. Everything on these ShopSmiths are quite simple to work on once you work up the courage to dig in. Good luck.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
alisfair
Gold Member

10er

Post by alisfair »

I have two . One a 10ER and a 10E I believe. Restored both of them and they have speed changers. I can't get $250 a piece for them so far. Loved redoing them but they don't have a market here in Michigan. May part out but breaks my heart.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

alisfair wrote:I have two . One a 10ER and a 10E I believe. Restored both of them and they have speed changers. I can't get $250 a piece for them so far. Loved redoing them but they don't have a market here in Michigan. May part out but breaks my heart.
Labors of love are not done for resale and do indeed break one's heart unless they find a good home. It those cases it does the heart good. I hope to not ever have to test that.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mnmk5
Bronze Member

Post by mnmk5 »

I just became the new owner of neglected Mark 5 - a 'greenie' as I am learning they are called. I understand that your model is different, but there are obvious similarities and many of your methods should work regardless of the machine being worked on.

I don't know if I will do full restore, but this thread was certainly an inspiration. It took me two days to get through, soaking up every bit of information and struggling along with you as you fought Mr. Murphy right up to the end. Classic!

My first post on this forum has to be 'Well done and well documented. Thank you very much for taking the time to share!"
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mnmk5 wrote:I just became the new owner of neglected Mark 5 - a 'greenie' as I am learning they are called. I understand that your model is different, but there are obvious similarities and many of your methods should work regardless of the machine being worked on.

I don't know if I will do full restore, but this thread was certainly an inspiration. It took me two days to get through, soaking up every bit of information and struggling along with you as you fought Mr. Murphy right up to the end. Classic!

My first post on this forum has to be 'Well done and well documented. Thank you very much for taking the time to share!"

This will prove interesting also!]http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=3078[/URL]
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange