Heads Up - Bargain 'available' an Addendum

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Post by fredsheldon »

:) you guys tear me up. I'm glad it's Friday.
Fred Sheldon
The Woodlands, Tx
'52 10ER # 60869 (restored in 2012, used as a dedicated drill press), '52 10ER # 88712 (restored 01/2013), 52 10ER # 71368 (in process of restoring), '83 500 Shorty with OPR installed, '83 520 PowerPro with Lift Assist, 6" Joiner, 6" Belt Sander, 18" Jig Saw, 11" Band Saw, 12" ProPlaner, SS Crosscut Table. SS Dust Collector, Hitachi 1/2" router, Work Sharp 3000 with all attachement, Nova G3 Chuck, Universal Tool Rest, Appalachia Tool Works Sled.
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

Fred, when retired, every day is Friday, or what ever day you want it to be!!!LOL:)
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

rbursek wrote:Fred, when retired, every day is Friday, or what ever day you want it to be!!!LOL:)
You just haven't been retired long enough.:p Wait for the Dr. appointments:eek:
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

Charles, the definition of "inconvenienced" to a retired person, "Having to be at a curtain place at a curtain time"!!!!!!!!
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rbursek wrote:Charles, the definition of "inconvenienced" to a retired person, "Having to be at a curtain place at a curtain time"!!!!!!!!
I try to avoid 'my' curtain time!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

As the 'one' who created the thread being discussed, I feel a need to say a few things myself.

The creation of a thread for the purpose of posting 'heads up's was suggested by Admin as an alternative to his creating an 'official' place for it. He correctly(IMHO) made it a sticky so as to be easily found without using the search function as was suggested by another forum member.

As for the resultant 'banter' there was no expectation on my part to expect it to be otherwise and I do not find it objectionable. Yes I realize that I contribute as much 'banter' all over the place as probably any one else. I cannot honestly do that and expect others to not do so also.

One concern I do have, is that links to CL and E-bay will become useless after they cease to exist.

It would help keep things more useful, if the person posting a link delete that post when the item is no longer available. Just delete it, no explanation is necessary(except to the delete function).

Finally I fail to understand why those who 'caused' the creation of that thread by stating their displeasure with such postings occurring elsewhere are sniping at the creation of a work around to those complaints.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange