Jigsaw Parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

delong94
Gold Member

Post by delong94 »

Bill-
Thank you. I was still wondering if you have the parts I messaged you about and if you had any extra trunnions for the model 610? I noticed mine was cracked while cleaning and lubing it.
Thanks,
Vaughn
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

billmayo wrote:The jigsaw takes 3 oz of oil. I have a 3 oz bottle with spout that I use to get the correct amount of oil into the jigsaw. I use air compressor oil brought at a big box store. Do not use motor oil as it can foam and push out the breather oil hole sometimes.

My 4 stroke blower and string trimmer uses almost 3 oz of motor oil so my 3 oz. bottles works for these too. I had brought a dozen 3 oz bottles to ship oil with any jigsaw I sold but found out that shipping oil is not a great idea and requires special handing by the USPS or so they say. I had been using double zip lock bags to ship any small bottle of oil.
I think the mail goes by air and the reduced pressure causes things to leak. vacuum(airless) packing might work!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Bill, do you still have any ER jigsaw parts? I'm looking for a few.

PM me, or post here, if you would.

steve
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

skou wrote:Bill, do you still have any ER jigsaw parts? I'm looking for a few.

PM me, or post here, if you would.

steve
Yes, I do have lots of jig saw parts. Sorry, my health kept me out of the shop for over 6 weeks and then my computer CPU failed 2 weeks ago. I have my Christmas present computer with Windows 7 operating but all my files are on 2 hard discs that I removed. I am to receive a external 2 disc hard drive enclosure some time today and hope to get to the hard drives operating soon. Plus I am slowing learning what actions was replaced that is different from the Windows 98. I have to find out how comparable files created on Win 98 are from files saved on the Win 7 system. So just hang in there, I will get back to you soon. Send me another Email just to make sure of what you need. Thanks.
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
jem
Bronze Member

Post by jem »

I need drill chuck, lathe part that fits on motor and way to attach saw blade to shopsmith V. I live in Orlando
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

jem wrote:I need drill chuck, lathe part that fits on motor and way to attach saw blade to shopsmith V. I live in Orlando
Please contact me by Email. Thanks.

Bill
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
eartigas
Gold Member

Post by eartigas »

Bill

Did you get my PM regarding some jigsaw windows and other Greenie parts?

Thanks
Ed
Carmel, NY
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

billmayo wrote:Yes, I do have lots of jig saw parts. Sorry, my health kept me out of the shop for over 6 weeks and then my computer CPU failed 2 weeks ago. I have my Christmas present computer with Windows 7 operating but all my files are on 2 hard discs that I removed. I am to receive a external 2 disc hard drive enclosure some time today and hope to get to the hard drives operating soon. Plus I am slowing learning what actions was replaced that is different from the Windows 98. I have to find out how comparable files created on Win 98 are from files saved on the Win 7 system. So just hang in there, I will get back to you soon. Send me another Email just to make sure of what you need. Thanks.
Bill, if you still have ER jigsaw parts, I'm STILL interested.

Or, if HogWinsow has all your Mark 10 stuff, I understand. (Tom is a GREAT guy, and I've already got parts from him.)

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Bill, you want a 1000 GB (1 Tb) drive, let me know! I've got a couple, and would consider a trade.

Oh, if there is ANYTHING I can help you out with, LET ME KNOW!

I understand your "issues" and would like to save your knowledge, before it is lost.

I recently (4 years ago) lost my mother, and am DEARLY regretting not saving her memories.

Let me know what I can do for you!

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

eartigas wrote:Bill

Did you get my PM regarding some jigsaw windows and other Greenie parts?

Thanks
No, I do not believe I did as I cannot find anything. My memory is a problem as the Alzheimer takes over some days. Please use my Email address listed at the bottom of my posts to contact me as some PMs seems to get lost. If I fail to respond, please try again in a few days as I still get some good days. Thanks.