Using a Shop Smith Mark V on a Chris Craft Roamer refit

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

roamer46
Platinum Member

Post by roamer46 »

The title of this one pretty much says it all: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: BURGLERIZED!!!

Q
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

roamer46 wrote:The title of this one pretty much says it all: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: BURGLERIZED!!!

Q
I am really sorry to hear this. I have been enjoying your updates and admiring the progress you have been making.

Did they do any physical damage to the boat?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Bummer!

I would be looking in other's work places!

Pawn shops fer sure.

Flea markets as well.

E-bay?????

CL??

I hope your site was not a contributing factor!!!!:mad:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
roamer46
Platinum Member

Post by roamer46 »

dusty wrote:I am really sorry to hear this. I have been enjoying your updates and admiring the progress you have been making.

Did they do any physical damage to the boat?
That's one of the curious things about this: I can't find a single scratch. And some of these items were heavy/awkward. Which has me leaning toward one particular individual, but...alas...I have no proof.
roamer46
Platinum Member

Post by roamer46 »

JPG40504 wrote:Bummer!

I would be looking in other's work places!

Pawn shops fer sure.

Flea markets as well.

E-bay?????

CL??

I hope your site was not a contributing factor!!!!:mad:
I, too, hope the blog didn't alert anybody to come looking. I'm checking CL. The cops said they check the pawn shops.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

roamer46 wrote:I, too, hope the blog didn't alert anybody to come looking. I'm checking CL. The cops said they check the pawn shops.
The 'cops' will be looking for SN, not individual tools and would not recognize any as 'yours'.

Well you can eliminate the 'painter'. He has an interest in repainting any dings.;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
idcook
Gold Member

Post by idcook »

Horrendous.

What a shame to have such an astounding project deterred by petty thievery.
I hope they catch the person(s) who did this and that you’re able to recoup your tools and continue with the project soon.
idcook
Gold Member

Post by idcook »

roamer46 wrote:That's one of the curious things about this: I can't find a single scratch. And some of these items were heavy/awkward. Which has me leaning toward one particular individual, but...alas...I have no proof.
I believe it’s understood that crime is often committed by someone more or less familiar with the situation and has had time to consider how to go about it.

So, the perp, either directly (has been there) or indirectly (told someone else about it), is likely someone that you know.

I’d also wager that, unless there was a long period available to allow someone to steal a few items at a time, this was done by more than one individual.

With that I’ll drop the subject. I’m sure your annoyance level is piqued enough already.
cooch366
Gold Member

What a world we live in....

Post by cooch366 »

Unbelievable.... Another need for protection by Smith & Wesson.

Yes officer, I was in fear of my life. It was self defense. So I HAD to shoot them!

Maybe if that happened more often and these scumbags thought they might get shot doing this stuff, they maybe would think twice....

So sorry for this happening..
roamer46
Platinum Member

Post by roamer46 »

idcook, I agree with your assessment entirely. I have my suspicions but no proof.

cooch366, do you happen to have a "way back machine?" My S&W .38 is ready to go, but I can't remember where I parked my time machine. I just need a few hours back on Saturday morning to make the world a better place...

I spent the day inventorying things, and the list has gotten surprisingly long. I had forgotten how many cool attachments I had for my Shopsmith. They were all in one of the boxes that disappeared.

rough week...