Newowner Informaton

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dallasbpeters
Bronze Member

Post by dallasbpeters »

It seems that the shows have been removed!! Oh no! Any word on where they have moved to or where we can view them?
joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

dallasbpeters wrote:It seems that the shows have been removed!! Oh no! Any word on where they have moved to or where we can view them?

See here:
http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=13577
- 1986 Mark V 500 Mini

- 1985 Mark V 510 with reversible motor, bandsaw, jointer, and double-tilt.

I offer quality motor reversal, rebuilding, and rewiring. Contact me at HarbourTools@live.com
woodhead52
Gold Member

Post by woodhead52 »

dallasbpeters wrote:It seems that the shows have been removed!! Oh no! Any word on where they have moved to or where we can view them?
Yes, based on what I read this occurred on Nov. 7, and they won't be back at least on Blip. Hopefully SS will consider You Tube. FYI, these are part of the Reference Videos for sale at SS. I recently purchased the set when they went on sale. The quality is only slightly better than the online versions, but at least I'll have these.
Woodhead
Just a chip off the ol' block!

1993 SS Mark V 510 with a 520 Upgrade, 520 Extension Fence (2) Extension Tables, (4) Floating Tables (4) connecting tubes (2) SS Band Saw, SS Jointer, SS Belt Sander, SS Power Station, SS DC3300
shawnredf
Bronze Member

New here, repair service?

Post by shawnredf »

Hello All,

I just recently dusted off the Model V I bought when I retired 4 years ago, and muddled my way thru my first project--a cradle for a grandson expected shortly. During that effort I realized I wanted a band saw, I had the jointer but no band saw. Craigslist yielded one and when I went to buy it, it came with a whole other Shopsmith. The seller acknowledged that the head stock "needed service" but the deal included the band saw, a dado and other niceties that I wanted so couldn't pass it up ($350).

I'm finding the head stock repair is more than I am comfortable taking on myself. First off, the sheaves are frozen on the shafts--I've oiled them but they don't seem to budge. Maybe I could do it, but projects and other passions limit the time. So I'm looking for anyone in the AZ area interested in taking on the repair, or coaching me thru it very closely.

Thanks for listening.

Shawn
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

First off. WELCOME to the forum Shawn. Ya might want to post this in a new thread in this section for a better response. Have ya cleaned up everything on your new find yet?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
woodan22
Bronze Member

Post by woodan22 »

Hey I really appreciate the information you provided at the beginning of the forum! I'm still learning so any suggestions help!

click here to read
cookcrafted
Bronze Member

my dad built everything in our house with a 1979 mark V

Post by cookcrafted »

I am new to this forum and glad to see the community here. I own 2 Menard's PHD SS clones. Bought one a year ago and it started my wood turning obsession. I got that clone for $75.

Today I purchased another identical clone for $150 delivered from 60 miles away into WI. I know these are not real ship smiths but I hope I am welcome here anyway.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

cookcrafted wrote:I am new to this forum and glad to see the community here. I own 2 Menard's PHD SS clones. Bought one a year ago and it started my wood turning obsession. I got that clone for $75.

Today I purchased another identical clone for $150 delivered from 60 miles away into WI. I know these are not real ship smiths but I hope I am welcome here anyway.
You absolutely are welcome. It is always good to have a new member. Shopsmith or clone, your ideas and experiences are important to all of us.:)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Ditto, welcome
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Welcome fer sure.

We like pictures.

We like challenges.

We like unexplored territory.

We tend to blabber too much!:D*

* Some would say thee, not me!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange