What happened to the sawdust sessions video

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

triumph_tech
Gold Member

What happened to the sawdust sessions video

Post by triumph_tech »

Anybody else getting the message "Removed from Blip" when they attempt to view the sawdust videos? I went back to look at a couple of them to help with a headstock rebuild for a greenie I am working on and I keep getting a message that the video I want has been removed, what gives?
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

I just went and checked and I too see what you see. This is the screen that comes up:

[ATTACH]23235[/ATTACH]

And then:

[ATTACH]23236[/ATTACH]

So I hope that shopsmith still has these and can re-host them somewhere. It would be too bad to have lost them forever.

Ed
Attachments
ScreenHunter_92 Nov. 11 16.06.jpg
ScreenHunter_92 Nov. 11 16.06.jpg (42.54 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
ScreenHunter_93 Nov. 11 16.08.jpg
ScreenHunter_93 Nov. 11 16.08.jpg (36.87 KiB) Viewed 3899 times
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Are these the same ones that you buy?
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

That stinks I thought they were great!
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Found that I can still view the sessions. :D :D Try this - go to http://www.shopsmith.com then click on the word "WOODWORKING" on the top red line. Then click on Sawdust Sessions.

Should take you right to the videos.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

charlese wrote:Found that I can still view the sessions. :D :D Try this - go to http://www.shopsmith.com then click on the word "WOODWORKING" on the top red line. Then click on Sawdust Sessions.

Should take you right to the videos.
I think it depends on the video and where it was uploaded. Those that went to YouTube can still be viewed. Those on blip have vanished.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

We will be re-hosting the videos and updating the sawdust sessions to link to the new location.
Shopsmith I.T.
enyoc
Gold Member

Post by enyoc »

admin wrote:We will be re-hosting the videos and updating the sawdust sessions to link to the new location.
THANK YOU!!!
JC
Hampden Twp, PA

Bought, restored and sold a 520 before I knew what I had (and should have kept) - Now I found religion and I'm working on restoring a 500 and a 10E.
triumph_tech
Gold Member

Post by triumph_tech »

admin wrote:We will be re-hosting the videos and updating the sawdust sessions to link to the new location.
Thanks, would really hate to lose all that great reference material. I am just getting back into my Shopsmith after a fire leveled my house. I rescued my machine from the basement where it was under 5 feet of the nastiest water you have ever seen. The unit is a greenie built in '56 and was given to me by an Uncle that bought it new. I know it will probably cost more to fix it than a used replacement but I feel bad just scrapping it. Those videos and the other reference material on the forum has sucessfully led me through this rebuild project so far. I have watched most every video and read most of the threads on repairing the Mark V but keep going back to clarify specific points of re-assembly. I'm glad the sawdust sessions will be re-hosted elsewhere and soon I hope!:)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Good news indeed!

No stink/sting/suck!

No these are the original online sessions. The 'for sale' ones are cleaned up/redone etc.(AIUI)

They are indeed a valuable resource for those of us who prefer DIY repairing.

Microsoft strikes again!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange