Jigsaw Parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ipbarnard
Gold Member

Jigsaw Parts

Post by ipbarnard »

Hellos:

I am a new user to the forum.

I have a 1955 SS. My father in law bought it new and I inherited it 24 years ago.

For all of that time the jigsaw has not worked. I need a couple of internal parts. SS no longer supports the jigsaw so where can I find parts?

Thanks,
Uncle Pig
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

Check your PM. I have the remains of over 18 jig saws plus a large assortment of new parts for the jig saw. I offer a rebuild service for the SPTs that I feel is excellant and cheap as Shopsmiths are only a full time hobby, not a business for me. I have the special tools, parts, equipment and knowledge needed for this work. My health problems does slow my response some times.
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
hplaw
Bronze Member

coupler for an 10-ae jigsaw

Post by hplaw »

I am looking for a replacement coupler for my ae jigsaw or any ideas on what to replace the old one with. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

hplaw wrote:I am looking for a replacement coupler for my ae jigsaw or any ideas on what to replace the old one with. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I still have 2 of the plastic like couplers for the jigsaw available. I also have all the other jig saw parts available. I have the lastest 52 page Shopsmith manual split in 2 computer files due to size for the jig saw if anyone is interested. Please contact me off line for information. If I do not respond, please try again later as my computer and web service does eat my Emails sometimes.
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
hplaw
Bronze Member

Post by hplaw »

That would be great if it will fit this old jigsaw my original coupler has rubber between the attachment points which was at one time vulcanized together. so what would be the cost of one of these couplers
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

hplaw wrote:That would be great if it will fit this old jigsaw my original coupler has rubber between the attachment points which was at one time vulcanized together. so what would be the cost of one of these couplers
I am referring to the plastic like coupler inside the Jig saw body that converts rotary motion to up & down motion. It sounds like you need the Power Coupler (503574) that connects the headstock to the jig saw. These I do not have available. Shopsmith is the best place to buy these Power Couplers. All Shopsmith Power Couplers have always used the 4 splne hub for the headstock and the 5 splint hub for the SPT.
delong94
Gold Member

Jigsaw Parts

Post by delong94 »

Do you have Part # A3227 available for an older Magna Jigsaw Model 610? It is the back-up tube that supports the blade and keeps the air tube connected?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

delong94 wrote:Do you have Part # A3227 available for an older Magna Jigsaw Model 610? It is the back-up tube that supports the blade and keeps the air tube connected?
As I said in the other thread, PM him.:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
delong94
Gold Member

Oil Change

Post by delong94 »

Got the oil changed on my older 610 jigsaw... The manual said to fill it up to level of the intake. Oil is now dripping from the air hole at times when it is upright. Is that a big issue or did I put too much oil in?
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

delong94 wrote:Got the oil changed on my older 610 jigsaw... The manual said to fill it up to level of the intake. Oil is now dripping from the air hole at times when it is upright. Is that a big issue or did I put too much oil in?
The jigsaw takes 3 oz of oil. I have a 3 oz bottle with spout that I use to get the correct amount of oil into the jigsaw. I use air compressor oil brought at a big box store. Do not use motor oil as it can foam and push out the breather oil hole sometimes.

My 4 stroke blower and string trimmer uses almost 3 oz of motor oil so my 3 oz. bottles works for these too. I had brought a dozen 3 oz bottles to ship oil with any jigsaw I sold but found out that shipping oil is not a great idea and requires special handing by the USPS or so they say. I had been using double zip lock bags to ship any small bottle of oil.