Special time for a Vet.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dlbristol
Platinum Member

Special time for a Vet.

Post by dlbristol »

I just returned from the 75th Ranger Regiment Association Reunion at Fort Benning GA. I thought some of you might enjoy this story. The Present day RAngers, Vietnam era Rangers tract their linage to Merrell's Marauders. The association decided to honor that by bringing in any of them that wanted to or could travel to GA. At the Banquet , I shook hands will all 5 who were there, ate dinner with two Somali Rangers, met two Korean war Rangers, and spent a few minutes with an Afganistan vet who was pretty badly wounded. Add to that meeting two old friends from my unit in Vietnam who I had not seen since 1970, and 50 or so others from my unit and you have nearly 70 years of history in the same room at one time. The Ranger Battalion stationed at Benning was Deployed, no doubt in response to the present threats. Pretty special time.
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave
dgale
Platinum Member

Post by dgale »

Sounds like a pretty amazing reunion. Thank you to you and all other vets for your service to our Country - I appreciate it and am thankful of the life I and my family can live as a result of your courage and sacrifice.
'78 Mark V 500 #27995 (my Dad bought new)
'82 Mark V 500 #96309
Two '47 10E's (serial#4314+6149) - one a dedicated drill press and the other a lathe
Two 10E/ER in parts slowly being restored…#26822 and #????? (SS plate missing)
SPT's: Bandsaw, Belt Sander, Strip Sander, Jointer, Jigsaw, Biscuit Joiner
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

dgale wrote:Sounds like a pretty amazing reunion. Thank you to you and all other vets for your service to our Country - I appreciate it and am thankful of the life I and my family can live as a result of your courage and sacrifice.
As am I!

I was in, but the worst thing I saw, was the CS gas chamber.

But, I was in an ASA unit, in 82-3. Found out my uncle Steve was also ASA,
(Yes, I'm named after him) during Vietnam.

steve
dlbristol
Platinum Member

Post by dlbristol »

hey, you were in position to do what ever was asked, never sell yourself short! A lot of it is just " luck of the draw". Thanks for serving. That CS thing is not a lot of fun. :eek:
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave