Shopsmith DEMO in Franklin, TN

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mgdesigns
Gold Member

Shopsmith DEMO in Franklin, TN

Post by mgdesigns »

I received my invite card in the mail today - Lowe's from June 07 to June 10 - Mark 7 and PowerPro demos. I'll be there.
Hand Engraver of Metals; Maker of Exquisite Kindling; 1955 Greenie Mark V (NOW with a 1989 Headstock); Magna Band Saw; Magna 4" Jointer; Miscellaneous Craftsman & Porter-Cable electric woodworking tools.
3D CADCAM Designs - Gemstone Facetor
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

I also just got mine in the mail yesterday. I will have to go there one of the dates depending on what my scheduled work days show up. It will be great to be around a SS function again even if it is only a demo.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

Attended the demo at Lowes in Franklin, TN this morning and came away very impressed. I love the upgrade both the powerpro and the mark 7 modifications. The demonstrator did some molding using the shaper and I could not believe how quiet the machine ran. Love the digital features on selecting what you are wanting to do and what type of wood you are using and how the computer selects the correct speed and it gets to the rpm instantly. This upgrade is definitely on my wish list. Being retired and on fixed income, it may take me awhile but I see the upgrade in my future. There were 5 other folks watching and they all were shopsmith owners, mostly having older machines or the 510. The fellow doing the demonstration said he was one of the guys doing demos back in the good old days when they used to have them going on.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN