phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

13 posts 1 2

Re: Mounting a Digital Readout

#181907 by beeg » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:12 pm

jsburger wrote:OK, I have not posted here in a long time. Why does the picture I included not show up?

Tomorrow the ADMIN will fix that problem by WHOPPING the puter on top and spitting in the back of it. :D

---

SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#181912 by jsburger » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:20 pm

beeg wrote:
jsburger wrote:OK, I have not posted here in a long time. Why does the picture I included not show up?

Tomorrow the ADMIN will fix that problem by WHOPPING the puter on top and spitting in the back of it. :D

Great!!! I have done that before so I know it works. :) :)

---

John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT

#256008 by RFGuy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 am

Owad wrote:I got tired of adjusting the height of the auxiliary table, and tried attaching the DRO to a floating table instead. The DRO is very light, and the table doesn't sag at all. With the configuration pictured below, it's possible to do cuts up to about 16.5" inches. With no gap between the tables, the maximum is 12.75".

It has been a few years since this was posted...just curious as to how well this is holding up? Sorry, I only recently discovered the forum and saw your post. Any issues with the Wixey DRO on the Shopsmith?

In addition to attaching a DRO, I would be interested in knowing if anyone ever thought of, or attempted to attach a threaded rod to the Shopsmith tables (see link below). Idea would be a poor man's version of an Incra system. Of course, the Achilles heel with this or getting a full blown Incra setup is the breakdown for other Shopsmith functions, but if one had a dedicated Shopsmith for TS it could be attractive for the precision offered in indexing and measurement.

One thought for this for large width cuts would be to place the fence on a floating table. Instead of waytubes, threaded rod could be used inside of the waytube holder with threaded plugs placed inside the ends of the waytube holders. Just a thought, but this wouldn't work for shorter rip cuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMLhV05iWT4&t=45s
thread.jpg
thread.jpg (170.14 KiB) Viewed 2765 times