Problems getting my order

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Problems getting my order

Post by JPG »

I have recently(this month) gotten an e-mail and phone calls soliciting orders from SS.

I think their time would be better spent working on existing orders!

The old guard is gone. We be dealing with a different generation(3x?). 'They' do not 'think' as we. 'They' have a totally different mindset.

I worry the 'top' has not a clue what is going on.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote:I don't totally agree with all of JPGs assertions but I do believe that many of the complaints aired here on the forum are grossly overstated (probably out of frustration) while at the same time misdirected. These problems can not be resolved on the forum; contact Shopsmith directly.

I have had many opportunities to talk with CS and I find them always helpful and professional. They occasionally tell me things I don't want to hear but I have never suspected that I was being lied to. Things (like delivery dates) sometime happen differently than expected but that does not constitute a lie.

If you do find it necessary to communicate with customer service, I strongly recommend a telephone call (DO NOT rely on email). If you do not have the time to wait for service (when being placed on hold) you are calling at the wrong time.
Dusty,

I would have to disagree with you on the complaints being overstated on the forum. I think users, like myself, are stating what actually happened to them (with no embellishment). Also, we aren't stating it on the forum thinking that Shopsmith will address it here. We are putting it on the forum to find out is it normal, what are other forum members seeing when they place an order, etc. The whole point of the forum is sharing, is it not? In the past 6 months customer service has improved, from my experience. At times, I have sat on the phone for 20 minutes every time I call in before I can get ahold of someone. Not only do they answer the phone faster these days, but they seem to be more responsive when you get them on the phone now (just in my experience). In perusing the Facebook posts and this forum posts the last 6 months there are definitely a handful of people that have had inordinate problems with customer service. From Facebook, it seems like the Customer Service group is the place to go to have them addressed. It seems like more members have switched to Facebook lately anyway, as I have noticed the number of posts on this forum seems to have significantly decreased lately.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote:
dusty wrote:I don't totally agree with all of JPGs assertions but I do believe that many of the complaints aired here on the forum are grossly overstated (probably out of frustration) while at the same time misdirected. These problems can not be resolved on the forum; contact Shopsmith directly.

I have had many opportunities to talk with CS and I find them always helpful and professional. They occasionally tell me things I don't want to hear but I have never suspected that I was being lied to. Things (like delivery dates) sometime happen differently than expected but that does not constitute a lie.

If you do find it necessary to communicate with customer service, I strongly recommend a telephone call (DO NOT rely on email). If you do not have the time to wait for service (when being placed on hold) you are calling at the wrong time.
Dusty,

I would have to disagree with you on the complaints being overstated on the forum. I think users, like myself, are stating what actually happened to them (with no embellishment). Also, we aren't stating it on the forum thinking that Shopsmith will address it here. We are putting it on the forum to find out is it normal, what are other forum members seeing when they place an order, etc. The whole point of the forum is sharing, is it not? In the past 6 months customer service has improved, from my experience. At times, I have sat on the phone for 20 minutes every time I call in before I can get ahold of someone. Not only do they answer the phone faster these days, but they seem to be more responsive when you get them on the phone now (just in my experience). In perusing the Facebook posts and this forum posts the last 6 months there are definitely a handful of people that have had inordinate problems with customer service. From Facebook, it seems like the Customer Service group is the place to go to have them addressed. It seems like more members have switched to Facebook lately anyway, as I have noticed the number of posts on this forum seems to have significantly decreased lately.
Having been on here for many many years the decrease in posts is pretty normal for this time of year. People are out doing other things like yard work or camping to name a few.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

jsburger wrote: Having been on here for many many years the decrease in posts is pretty normal for this time of year. People are out doing other things like yard work or camping to name a few.
Thanks John. I may be off base, but I only have the frame of reference of being on this forum for the past 6-12 months. I remember 2-3 months ago we had a big discussion on this forum about the Shopsmith groups on Facebook. It just seems like since that big discussion, the number of posts/day has gone down a good bit on this forum (perhaps as members check out FB). I don't have any hard data, so it is just my observation and I could be wrong.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

What would be relevant is :) knowing those no longer posting here are those now posting there.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

JPG wrote:What would be relevant is :) knowing those no longer posting here are those now posting there.
Yeah, I am only a casual observer, but since I check in on FB through a friend's account, it certainly seemed like there was an uptick in FB posts to the Shopsmith groups around the same time that I perceived a drop in this forum postings...could just be a coincidence.
📶RF Guy

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I check into FB now and then. Yes, I got overly curious and am now on FB. I even posted there just a couple days ago. I see only a couple names that I think are active members of this forum. However, that means very little because many of us are on this forum with aliases.

I keep track of the number of daily posters and the number has decreased recently but that is cyclic. I am confident that it will go right back up.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.