bearings (needle roller)

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wa2crk
Platinum Member

bearings (needle roller)

Post by wa2crk »

Does anyone know the number or the measurements or a source for the needle roller bearings for the upper band saw wheel? I had our community shop's bandsaw apart and forgot to look at the bearing numbers.
Bill V
billmayo
Platinum Member

Post by billmayo »

wa2crk wrote:Does anyone know the number or the measurements or a source for the needle roller bearings for the upper band saw wheel? I had our community shop's bandsaw apart and forgot to look at the bearing numbers.
Bill V
Koyo Torrington B-88 Needle Roller Bearing, Full Complement Drawn Cup, Open, Inch, 1/2" ID, 11/16" OD, 1/2" Width. These are the ones I use. Available at http://www.amazon.com/Koyo-Torrington-C ... B006KT1CIE.

Be sure to check the size measurements are there are different size B88 bearings.
Bill Mayo bill.mayo@verizon.net
Shopsmith owner since 73. Sell, repair and rebuild Shopsmith, Total Shop & Wood Master headstocks, SPTs, attachments, accessories and parts. US Navy 1955-1975 (FTCS/E-8)
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Thanks Bill.
Bill V
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

billmayo wrote:Koyo Torrington B-88 Needle Roller Bearing, Full Complement Drawn Cup, Open, Inch, 1/2" ID, 11/16" OD, 1/2" Width. These are the ones I use. Available at http://www.amazon.com/Koyo-Torrington-Complement-Rotational-Capacity/dp/B006KT1CIE.

Be sure to check the size measurements are there are different size B88 bearings.
bill,

are you meaning to advise that this may not be the exact bearing that is in each of my bandsaws?

I did not want to pull bearings but maybe I must.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Dusty;
Which Bill?:D
Some bearings can vary in size. The 6205 series that are used in the drive shaft can have different sizes depending on manufacturer.
Bill V