phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

spindle knob mark v

#271831 by dcahilly » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Does anybody have a Mark V spindle knob for sale? Mine was loose and i pulled the set screw and it was stripped. It still works but its a matter of time till it needs to be replaced. If you think i should replace the whole assembly I would be willing to purchase that also. Shoot me an email @ dcahilly@msn.com. thanks

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: spindle knob mark v

#271836 by JPG » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:09 pm

dcahilly wrote:Does anybody have a Mark V spindle knob for sale? Mine was loose and i pulled the set screw and it was stripped. It still works but its a matter of time till it needs to be replaced. If you think i should replace the whole assembly I would be willing to purchase that also. Shoot me an email @ dcahilly@msn.com. thanks

Which version?

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#271841 by dcahilly » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:45 am

It’s off the 500. It the older model spindle knob.

#271843 by JPG » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am

E-mail me yer snail mail address.
500 quill bearing retainer.jpg
500 quill bearing retainer.jpg (445.49 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

IF it is the set screw that is stripped, I would try a cup point set screw first.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange