phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Sharpening guide manual

#271704 by psikes » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:20 pm

I sure hope someone can help me out here. The 510 I recently bought came with a lot of goodies but not all of the manuals and the one I need Shopsmith does not have a download version of. I had a sharpening guide once before and I am pretty sure that I have it put together properly but I would love to have a copy of the owners manual for it. Same for the Router Shield, almost brand new but no manual. I know it is pretty simple but I like to keep my documentation together. Any electronic format works fine for me.

Thanks, Phil

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Sharpening guide manual

#271717 by br549 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:18 am

Can't help with the sharpening guide (other than suggest the Illustrated Woodshop Tips https://www.shopsmith.com/woodshoptips/ ... /index.htm), but check your Private Messages for info on the Routing Shield.

#271762 by psikes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks, the Routing manual worked fine.

Phil

#271764 by chapmanruss » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:47 pm

I you are referring to the Lathe Tool Sharpening Guide P/N 555193 that mounts to the table and uses the sanding disk the Manual is P/N PL-5108 copyright 1986. You can contact customer support to see if you can get a copy. Since the Sharpening Guide is a current item it would infringe on their rights to post the instructions here without their permission.

---

Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.

#271784 by psikes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Thanks, my sharpening guide came with a used Shopsmith but without the manual. I will contact Shopsmith direct.