phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

567 posts • Jump to page: 1 53 54 55 56 57

What color to paint my ER10? (post #216)

Poll ended at Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:35 pm

Original OEM gray
50%
Rustoleum burgundy
36%
Other (post you answer)
14%

Total votes : 36

#57999 by shipwright » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 pm

You're scaring me Mike. You're starting to sound like Donald Rumsfeld.

Paul M

---

Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

#62851 by retiredsoldier919 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Mike, I got my bearings installed and put the drive shaft assembly back into the headstock. Now it runs smooth as silk. I used your thread for most of the process. Thanks again and now I have this thread linked from my desktop.

---

David

10ER - SN:21949, Acquired 11 Jan 2010

#62870 by mickyd » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:35 am

retiredsoldier919 wrote:Mike, I got my bearings installed and put the drive shaft assembly back into the headstock. Now it runs smooth as silk. I used your thread for most of the process. Thanks again and now I have this thread linked from my desktop.

Glad the thread helped. It's actually a pretty easy process. Everything on these ShopSmiths are quite simple to work on once you work up the courage to dig in. Good luck.

---

Mike
Sunny San Diego
Mark 5 "Greenie" SN 309828, Born Oct '55, Acquired Feb '09, Born Again May '09
Mark 5 Jigsaw SN 65001, Born Aug '55
Mark 5 "Greenie" SN 287942, Born Dec '54, Acquired Oct '09. Came with Magna Eng. Jointer SN 17792, Born Jun '54, awaiting restoration
ER10 - SN 72883, Born ~Sep '52, Acquired Apr '09, Restoration started Jun '09, Born Again Jan '10
ER jigsaw, awaiting restoration
Pro Planer SN??, Born ?, Acquired Mar '10

10er

#175600 by alisfair » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:01 am

I have two . One a 10ER and a 10E I believe. Restored both of them and they have speed changers. I can't get $250 a piece for them so far. Loved redoing them but they don't have a market here in Michigan. May part out but breaks my heart.

#175616 by JPG » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:51 pm

alisfair wrote:I have two . One a 10ER and a 10E I believe. Restored both of them and they have speed changers. I can't get $250 a piece for them so far. Loved redoing them but they don't have a market here in Michigan. May part out but breaks my heart.

Labors of love are not done for resale and do indeed break one's heart unless they find a good home. It those cases it does the heart good. I hope to not ever have to test that.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#177962 by mnmk5 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I just became the new owner of neglected Mark 5 - a 'greenie' as I am learning they are called. I understand that your model is different, but there are obvious similarities and many of your methods should work regardless of the machine being worked on.

I don't know if I will do full restore, but this thread was certainly an inspiration. It took me two days to get through, soaking up every bit of information and struggling along with you as you fought Mr. Murphy right up to the end. Classic!

My first post on this forum has to be 'Well done and well documented. Thank you very much for taking the time to share!"

#177979 by JPG » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:26 pm

mnmk5 wrote:I just became the new owner of neglected Mark 5 - a 'greenie' as I am learning they are called. I understand that your model is different, but there are obvious similarities and many of your methods should work regardless of the machine being worked on.

I don't know if I will do full restore, but this thread was certainly an inspiration. It took me two days to get through, soaking up every bit of information and struggling along with you as you fought Mr. Murphy right up to the end. Classic!

My first post on this forum has to be 'Well done and well documented. Thank you very much for taking the time to share!"

This will prove interesting also!]http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=3078[/URL]

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange