phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Mark IV?

#210787 by Steamdragon » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:53 pm

Someone has what they are calling a Mark IV for sale in my area.
First was there a Mark IV?
Second the picture looks like a much newer powerhead with the wide red power switch.
Any thoughts?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tls/5549337282.html

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Mark IV?

#210789 by algale » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:58 pm

No, there never was a Mark IV.

Its a frankensmith: Mark 5 Greenie, with two carriages, and two main tables and a modern grey headstock. Note that the ad (not that I'd trust it) says its got the 3/4 hp motor.

---

Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

#210817 by JPG » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:29 pm

Yep it is a whatzit. That is not bad, just unusual.

I am guessing the 'left' table is the original greenie and the 'right' table is a later version. It appears to have the 'upgraded' rip fence.

A bit high $ IMHO. Wait and it may be obtained for less. The seller seems eager.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#210822 by ERLover » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:43 pm

Take into the effect it is in San Fransisco, land of the daisies :eek:

---

KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)

#263124 by Tunahead44 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:42 am

I have a Mark IV

#263127 by dusty » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:02 am

Tunahead44 wrote:I have a Mark IV

Are you, by any chance, located in the San Francisco area?

I ask because the last person who posted here about a Shopsmith Mark IV had one listed for sale in the San Francisco area. This just might be "one of a kind". :rolleyes: This was back in April 2016.

Pictures - Please

---

"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.

#263169 by chapmanruss » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:49 pm

As Dusty asked please post a picture of where it says it is a Mark IV. Include one of the Belt Cover Vent Plate and if it has one because it was made in December 1987 or later, the serial & model number on the separate sticker.

Mark IV shows up from time to time in listings but I have yet to see one that is actually a Mark IV instead of being misnamed.

---

Russ

Mark V 520 S/N 09-11-01 completely upgraded to Mark 7, with all SPT's & more.
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters. Has Speed Changer, Model 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E S/N 1077 oldest one I have restored. On bench w/ Shopsmith metal ends & retractable casters.