phone  (937) 890-5197

Shopsmith Forums

%nbsp;

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Shopsmith on Quora

#274284 by davebodner » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:11 am

https://www.quora.com/Have-you-ever-bou ... Bazzinotti

His answer was a bit too negative reflecting lack of knowledge. I provided my 2 cents.

Post a reply  Reply with quote 

Re: Shopsmith on Quora

#274289 by edma194 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 am

I hate this nonsense. I have seen plenty of workshops outfitted with individual machines, and most of those machines do not equal one function of a Shopsmith. Over and over I see smaller disk sanders and belt sanders, without variable speed or the table features of a Shopsmith. I don't see horizontal boring machines at all outside of large commercial shops. I see a lot of cheap drill presses too, if you're going to brag about how your multiple machines are better than a Shopsmith you ought to buy a decent drill press.

Yeah, I want individual machines also, but they'll all be Shopsmiths.

#274290 by Chad » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 am

Here here, edma194. My thoughts exactly.

---

Chad
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1963 Shopsmith Mark V "Goldie" 1-1/8 hp Serial # 379185
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1994 OKUMA LB15 II OSP7000
    2017 OKUMA LB3000 EXII SPACE TURN MY OSP P300

#274299 by JPG » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:11 pm

Consider it the nattering of a dolt.

He obviously does not know how to align it properly.

I doubt he has a manual and definitely has not read it if he does.

---

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10E(SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange

#274387 by robinson46176 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:07 pm

Many many years ago when our kids were small I used to preach to them that "if you want to operate a door properly you have to be smarter than the door"... :D

Also see my sig line below about Shopsmith set-ups.

---

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill