Shopsmith is looking for a Part-Time or Freelance Copywriter / Blog Writer. If you have impeccable writing skills; can quickly understand woodworking and D-I-Y industry lingo, grasp product information and be able to repurpose it into highly sellable content; and work well under tight time constraints, we want to hear from you. Candidates must understand SEO and how to create content that is a perfect fit for online strategies as well as print.
ARE YOU THIS SPECIAL PERSON?
• Familiarity with Woodworking (Written and or Actual Use)
• Familiarity with D-I-Y a +
• Writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
• Driving the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communication
• Understanding different language styles that appeal to various target groups
• Developing and maintaining a clear and consistent brand voice
• Strong ability to re-purpose antiquated, outdated content into a fresh, contemporary style
• Comfort interviewing experts in the field and transforming the information into very interesting blog content
• Experience with search engine optimization and the importance of integration into all materials
• Familiarity with commonly used style guides
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Good written and verbal communication skills are vital since you’ll be interacting with teams.
• You’ll need to explain, sell and defend your ideas, while remaining open to feedback and constructive criticism.
• Creativity, attention to detail, adaptability and marketing knowledge are also required