my version of uder ss storage cab

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

eagleta2
Gold Member

Post by eagleta2 »

Here is my under ss storage cabinet so far...

Its almost done...:-)
The colors were matched to my ss...wife's idear.
Gotta give major inspiration points to Cory... next step is to mount the bandsaw on the back of cab on left side. It will mount on top of the small drawer box.

Next gotta find a use for all that open real estate under the lower tubes and narrower than the main table tubes. I'm thinking a horizontal sawblade cabinet...any other ideas?

I'll admit a mistake tho...the fence WAS supposed to get stored in the obvious wide drawer. Unfortunately I missed a calculation and because of the face frame width and slide offsets, the fence doesn't fit. :-(

Oh well...too deep into it to turn back now:-)
I appreciate your feedback

Thanks guys
Geo
under ss storage by EagleTa2, on Flickr
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

I thought I was the only one who made mistakes like that!:D
Nice looking unit, your wife has a good eye for the color thing. I for one, like it.
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
ccmaydew
Gold Member

Post by ccmaydew »

Really nice job Geo!! It looks like a professional cabinet maker made it.:)

Don't sweat the rip fence, you can stand it up beside the band saw. Just trace out the end profile on a 2x4 piece and cut it out with a jig saw or router.

[ATTACH]16130[/ATTACH]
Attachments
CIMG0014.jpg
CIMG0014.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 5019 times
Cory

Shopsmith Mark V 520, DC 3300, Jointer, Belt Sander, Strip Sander, Band Saw, Jig Saw, Ridgid 3612, Dewalt 734
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

eagleta2 wrote:Here is my under ss storage cabinet so far...

Its almost done...:-)
The colors were matched to my ss...wife's idear.
Gotta give major inspiration points to Cory... next step is to mount the bandsaw on the back of cab on left side. It will mount on top of the small drawer box.

Next gotta find a use for all that open real estate under the lower tubes and narrower than the main table tubes. I'm thinking a horizontal sawblade cabinet...any other ideas?

I'll admit a mistake tho...the fence WAS supposed to get stored in the obvious wide drawer. Unfortunately I missed a calculation and because of the face frame width and slide offsets, the fence doesn't fit. :-(

Oh well...too deep into it to turn back now:-)
I appreciate your feedback

Thanks guys
Geo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73680763@N03/6850024673/under ss storage by EagleTa2, on Flickr
What is purple on your ShopSmith????:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Nice looking cabinet, even if the one shelf had to be smaller than you wanted.

It looks good and it appears as though it will hide a lot of different things.

I say "hide" because that is what seems to happen with anything I put in a drawer. I have a devil of a time finding them even though I look.:o
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

dusty wrote:Nice looking cabinet, even if the one shelf had to be smaller than you wanted.

It looks good and it appears as though it will hide a lot of different things.

I say "hide" because that is what seems to happen with anything I put in a drawer. I have a devil of a time finding them even though I look.:o

And that is exactly the reason I decided on a wall system of storage for almost everything... :)
Thankfully I have a lot of wall space. The shop I am (still :rolleyes: ) moving out of had a lot of windows and doors which I like but it all really ate up the wall space.

BTW, That "IS" a very nice under the SS cabinet... I like the color. It doesn't look purple on my browser.

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

That's purty. Looks rather efficient. It would be nice to see how you arranged for blades, router bits, shapers and other tools inside.
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

robinson46176 wrote: . . . I like the color. It doesn't look purple on my browser.

What color is it on your 'browser?

[ATTACH]16140[/ATTACH]

'Lavender' maybe?:D
Attachments
purple cabinet.jpg
purple cabinet.jpg (304.98 KiB) Viewed 5001 times
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

Looks maroon-ish to me. Close enough to the red on the Shopsmith logo?
Heath
Central Louisiana
-10ER - SN 13927, Born 1949, Acquired October 2008, Restored November, 2008
-10ER - SN 35630, Born 1950, Acquired April 2009, Restored May 2009, A34 Jigsaw
-Mark V - SN 212052, Born 1986, Acquired Sept 2009, Restored March 2010, Bandsaw
-10ER - SN 39722, Born 1950, Acquired March 2011, awaiting restoration
judaspre1982
Platinum Member

Post by judaspre1982 »

=======================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.