Out of commission for awhile...

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Out of commission for awhile...

Post by ryanbp01 »

Started Christmas Break last Thursday with shoulder joint resurfacing surgery. The ball is now capped with titanium and the socket cartilage replaced. Two bone fragments the size of marbles were removed. No sawdust making for 12 weeks. Boy am I bummed out!:(

BPR
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

ryanbp01 wrote:Started Christmas Break last Thursday with shoulder joint resurfacing surgery. The ball is now capped with titanium and the socket cartilage replaced. Two bone fragments the size of marbles were removed. No sawdust making for 12 weeks. Boy am I bummed out!:(

BPR

Do pay heed to the doctor's recommendations. Take it from someone who has learned that lesson the hard way. I lack some physical mobility because I did not exercise properly after my knee replacements.

Do not allow yourself to be bummed; rather, be thankful that doctor's now have the technology to do corrective surgery and you have been made a member of their team.

Good luck with your recovery.

BTW: You are not Out of Commission until you have a room in a nursing home. Your sawdust projects have simply been rescheduled.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
tomsalwasser
Platinum Member

Post by tomsalwasser »

[quote="ryanbp01"]No sawdust making for 12 weeks. Boy am I bummed out!:( /QUOTE]

A chance to dive into your Fine Woodworking collection! Thanks for the tip on the back issue offer.
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

My best wishes to you.

Heed Dusty's advice. My wife had both knees replaced last year (2010). She religiously followed the therapy and exercise programs and is doing great.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Just hang in there and do the physical therapy. It will hurt, but in the end, it pays off. My Wife had a hip replacement in August. She worked hard at the therapy, and now, 4 months later, she is walking right again with no pain. A year ago, the pain was so bad that she could hardly get around or sleep at night.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Consider the hiatus an opportunity to catch up on some other endeavors so that when it is ok to do so, you will have all that stuff done and have more time for making sawdust!

Get Well Soon!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Best wishes as you recuperate. I pray your procedure is successful and when you return to the shop it will be as a healthy better trained woodworker. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.