Arizona Shopsmith Users

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Arizona Shopsmith Users

Post by dusty »

This thread is being developed so that Shopsmith owners/users around the state of Arizona can let one another know we are here.

Please, if you live anywhere in the Grand Canyon State, post a reply to let us know your general location.

I would advise against specific addresses and/or telephone numbers. If you do not have your personal profile set to accept email, please consider doing that.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Tucson, AZ

Post by dusty »

I would hope that this would result in us being a closer community of users. It could even develop into a group who on occasion might get together to tell "shop stories" (sorta like war stories).

Our personal profiles should be enough detail about ourselves and what equipment we own/operate. This can best be done by simply filling in your personal profile.

Feel free to add any information in your reply that you feel is relevant.

I live on the north west side of Tucson just a couple miles off Interstate 10.

I can be contacted either by PM or Email.

Dusty (aka dustywoodworker)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
anneb3
Gold Member

Post by anneb3 »

Well Dusty, it is about time I jumped in. I also live in Tucson, on the north side.

My dad and I bought out a complete woodworking shop years ago here in town, including an old Shopsmith which I grabbed up to use as a lathe. Done some rebuilding on it and right now am getting ready to start making pens for Christmas presents using ironwood and or mesquite.

Dad is gone now, but my brother and I have been using the shop a lot to make all sorts of things, from book cases to fancy storage containers for his pile of drill bits.

Would enjoy getting together later in the year. If all goes well, will be spending the summer- somewhere away from the heat.

Email address is annewatson_9775@msn.com
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

I'm in Snowflake.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
chucks
Gold Member

Post by chucks »

Phoenix is where I call home.....
Chucks in Phoenix Mark V(5), Mark VII(2),Power Pro, Planer, Crafter Station, Jointer,Bandsaw(3),Lathe Duplicator,Belt Sander,Jig Saw,DC3300(2),"Sears Router Crafter", Post Drill, Stand alone Overarm Router. Jointmatic ++++,
shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

Does part time count? I'm a nomadic Canadian with shortish roots in Green Valley.

Paul M
Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

shipwright wrote:Does part time count? I'm a nomadic Canadian with shortish roots in Green Valley.

Paul M
OK! Now start one for 'western' Canada!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Mesa here.

Hi, Dusty and Gene!

There are others here fron the great Az. Come on and post, guys!

steve
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

shipwright wrote:Does part time count? I'm a nomadic Canadian with shortish roots in Green Valley.

Paul M
We ain't parochial, Paul. :D
Just keep your papers handy.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Paul M
We ain't parochial, Paul. :D
Just keep your papers handy.;)
Gene